B&W RESULT: #06 Black & White Challenge

And good evening to you. Just the sort of evening to be sitting down with a drink sifting through fantastic black and white images to find a winner. And what a winner! A fab shot from Leslie. Well done to her. Congrats to Michael and Ryn too. High praise indeed to come second and third respectively from all of those great images in the challenge. Thank you Chris for the excellent judging. Right, I am going to take Leslie's super duper image to the gallery right this minute.

Couldn't say it better. Just what Jilly said. [emoji106][emoji4]

Oh wow! Thanks so much Chris. I have been under the weather with a bad bug for the past five days, so I am thrilled for the recognition. So many fab shots this week it must have been so difficult to choose. Congrats to Michael (killer shot! ) & Ryn (such a lovely and moody photo). And thanks to everyone for your supportive comments on my work.

Oh wow! Thanks so much Chris. I have been under the weather with a bad bug for the past five days, so I am thrilled for the recognition. So many fab shots this week it must have been so difficult to choose. Congrats to Michael (killer shot! ) & Ryn (such a lovely and moody photo). And thanks to everyone for your supportive comments on my work.

Hope you're well on the mend!

Have you tried inverting your pictures to see what they look like?

How can i do that? With app such as ?

It's a sculpture, maybe 10 feet high or so, made of rusted metal and thick translucent plastic. It sits on the cliffs overlooking Monterey Bay in Santa Cruz, California. It's been there for some time, but recently people have started adding things to it, some seem to be memorials, others just random bits.

Ooh it's like a historical monument...

Thanks for info, like to know a such things (i mean, I don't know when i can go there [emoji16], so the information like this from anywhere around the world is valuable for me)

New one on me. The merging to two previously distinct religions, traditions, whatevers. Derivation: syn (union) Crete (Crete the place) - Union of Cretians.

Happy to have introduced you. I learned that word somewhere in a semester on Homer (Odyssey, not Simpson) and the same semester I found 'polysyndeton' (I think that's the right spelling, don't have much cause to use/read it these days) researching an essay on Hemingway's Snow Leopard. You can have that one, too, if you like: I used it with great panache (or so I thought) in the essay and as above don't have much use for it these days :D

Good Evening from a wet miserable West Sussex.

Great selection of BW photos, again. Just love the BW work this group produces. Tough time choosing from between the eventual winner and second place, but my love of traveling decided the winner.

1st place goes to the excellent Two Lane Highway by Ikbside, the photo is crisp, clean and clear. It leaves me wondering 'where does this road lead to?' I'd like to drive that road

View attachment 86997

2nd place goes to Chineezguy's leaf on the car photo, another very clear image, love the water droplets.

3rd place goes to Ryn S' ' Where the seeds have withered' minimal and moody, a great photo that would look great on a wall.

"What everyone else said"
Congrats Leslie, Michael & Ryn - and thanks to all for another superb B&W week :)

I am honored to have a photo of mine even mentioned in the same paragraph as the first two, they are so exceptional :) thank you.

Wow so many amazing photos every week [emoji108]

What actually is that? Big tree taken from a far or real seed/tiny tree?

Good use of empty space, really like it.. but me myself not so confident till now to use white empty space [emoji16] all is black mine

What is that actually? Building/monument for praying? (Don't know what it is called hehe)

Sorry, just saw this, I think it's a big tree. It was in a field in the distance but the fog was so thick I can't hazard a guess as to the distance.

Back
Top Bottom