B&W RESULT: #06 Black & White Challenge

What lies within

IMG_0420.JPG

One of those pavement level barred windows looking into a seedy-looking winebar. Well, it looks seedier in B&W than it does in colour.
6s+ SnapSeed Union

CLOSED!

This B&W Challenge is now CLOSED for further entries and is set for Evaluation... :D

Some truly excellent work here, yet again, by our brilliant members, you have excelled yet again and given this week's judge, Chris Wadsworth, a huge headache... :notworthy:

Over to you Chris and good luck with that sir... :D

AND - The link to Black & White #07 is > HERE <

Wow so many amazing photos every week [emoji108]

This was almost B&W before I put it into Snapseed > B&W>Dark
"Where The Seeds Have Withered..."
View attachment 86674

What actually is that? Big tree taken from a far or real seed/tiny tree?

Good use of empty space, really like it.. but me myself not so confident till now to use white empty space [emoji16] all is black mine

Thunder god
Photoshop Express, ACDSee Pro

View attachment 86710
What is that actually? Building/monument for praying? (Don't know what it is called hehe)

What is that actually? Building/monument for praying? (Don't know what it is called hehe)
It's a sculpture, maybe 10 feet high or so, made of rusted metal and thick translucent plastic. It sits on the cliffs overlooking Monterey Bay in Santa Cruz, California. It's been there for some time, but recently people have started adding things to it, some seem to be memorials, others just random bits.

Good Evening from a wet miserable West Sussex.

Great selection of BW photos, again. Just love the BW work this group produces. Tough time choosing from between the eventual winner and second place, but my love of traveling decided the winner.

1st place goes to the excellent Two Lane Highway by Ikbside, the photo is crisp, clean and clear. It leaves me wondering 'where does this road lead to?' I'd like to drive that road

98C05738-B284-4AC4-9F77-31953FF6EE8D-2781-0000040ED046D92F_tmp.jpg

2nd place goes to Chineezguy's leaf on the car photo, another very clear image, love the water droplets.

View attachment 86497
This leaf was on my daughter's car.
6s
Snapseed

3rd place goes to Ryn S' ' Where the seeds have withered' minimal and moody, a great photo that would look great on a wall.

This was almost B&W before I put it into Snapseed > B&W>Dark
"Where The Seeds Have Withered..."
View attachment 86674

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening from a wet miserable West Sussex.

Great selection of BW photos, again. Just love the BW work this group produces. Tough time choosing from between the eventual winner and second place, but my love of traveling decided the winner.

1st place goes to the excellent Two Lane Highway by Ikbside, the photo is crisp, clean and clear. It leaves me wondering 'where does this road lead to?' I'd like to drive that road

View attachment 86997

2nd place goes to Chineezguy's leaf on the car photo, another very clear image, love the water droplets.

3rd place goes to Ryn S' ' Where the seeds have withered' minimal and moody, a great photo that would look great on a wall.

And good evening to you. Just the sort of evening to be sitting down with a drink sifting through fantastic black and white images to find a winner. And what a winner! A fab shot from Leslie. Well done to her. Congrats to Michael and Ryn too. High praise indeed to come second and third respectively from all of those great images in the challenge. Thank you Chris for the excellent judging. Right, I am going to take Leslie's super duper image to the gallery right this minute.

Back
Top Bottom