APPstract RESULT: #11: R E D

Sir Robert Helpmann called and he wants them back. Lol. I met him not long before he died actually. When I was in Melbourne at the Australian Ballet School, circa 1985, he came in one day to watch one classes. I'll have to dig out my series on my pink snakeskin shoes if I can find them. I wore them till they fell apart. It's a shoe-off.

Sir Robert Helpmann called and he wants them back. Lol. I met him not long before he died actually. When I was in Melbourne at the Australian Ballet School, circa 1985, he came in one day to watch one classes. I'll have to dig out my series on my pink snakeskin shoes if I can find them. I wore them till they fell apart. It's a shoe-off.

You have some great stories to tell Jason. I'll line up for the auto/ bio when it comes:)

Edit: This thread is almost closed. Submissions welcome till end-of-day Sunday 29th November.

Sad sigh. Every LoA is my favourite :inlove:

Thanks so much for wonderful creative unusual breathtaking adventurous classical elegant original funny thought-provoking artwork from our wonderful creative unusual breathtaking adventurous classical elegant original funny thought-provoking members.

Please do consider participating in December's LoA challenge: W i n g ' e d !

Now I must go and offer aspirin and ice cubes, burned feathers and helpful quotes from Georgette Heyer novels to FotoLumos and LovelyMarge !

Last edited:
Last minute entry:

Red, red books

iPhone 4s - ProCamera + Vivid HDR (Dramatic).

Fil 2015-11-28 11 50 22.jpeg

PicsbyJCG sorry you got caught in a timezone nuisance - thanks for posting your last image! Love the starkness of the gold lettering (Helvetica font?) on the stark red cover. :thumbs:

Too late oops ... so just for fun ....

Star Stuff

View attachment 70658

IColorama fragment matter Enlight Rays repix

Not too late, Darren - thread's open while it's still Sunday 29th somewhere in the world..... Guess who didn't have her reading glasses on [frontal lobe engaged] ...?

:oops: Apologies all

It's not just the cuteness factor (though there's plenty of that :inlove: :mobibabe: little possums) -- I really like the composition in this image.

If I look at it trying to forget there's two deliciously tiny wee bundles of gorgeous new kitty-ness in there (very hard to do :)) I'm still struck by the moves from stark colour to blends, the 'move' in texture from silky/smooth (ish) thru rough, fluffy (I don't know what to call textures of fabric and tousled kitty hair), from clearly defined to all-tangled-up, -- and the fantastic work with shape!!

Love this abstract, Philippe - so glad you squeezed one more in!

It's not just the cuteness factor (though there's plenty of that :inlove: :mobibabe: little possums) -- I really like the composition in this image.

If I look at it trying to forget there's two deliciously tiny wee bundles of gorgeous new kitty-ness in there (very hard to do :)) I'm still struck by the moves from stark colour to blends, the 'move' in texture from silky/smooth (ish) thru rough, fluffy (I don't know what to call textures of fabric and tousled kitty hair), from clearly defined to all-tangled-up, -- and the fantastic work with shape!!

Love this abstract, Philippe - so glad you squeezed one more in!

thank you :)

A book designer told me once that red, black, and white was the most attention-grabbing color combo for a design. And then to add kittens! It seems unfair.

They're starting to look like little cats now, aren't they?

yeah they're starting to look like cats, they're slowly getting the attitudes and movements too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom