B&W RESULT:#110 Black & White Challenge

I'm not convinced. Going to b&w loses the soft yellow, green and blue and I'm not sure it's structurally or compositionally strong enough to do without it myself.

View attachment 119255
I agree with Jilly, it makes a very nice b/w. I may have cropped out the tree on the left hand side as I think it draws the eye too much, but that's just me!

Tunnel Vison, Sony Xperia
2h.jpg

That's kind of a cool look, leaning toward an engraving. Those artifacts that show up where the edges are against the sky are distracting, though. I've worked on this style in b/w myself, and that almost always seems to be a problem.

(I think the nobbled trees are quite striking. It's when they first start to sprout new growth that they look odd.)

I agree with Jilly, it makes a very nice b/w. I may have cropped out the tree on the left hand side as I think it draws the eye too much, but that's just me!
I tried it but I think it breaks the symmetry of the picture.
Here's the original with gridlines. The horizon is nearly bang on the bottom third, that line of trees fits nicely on left line and the right splits those poplars neatly in two. Remove the tree in the foreground and it loses the structural whatsit it previously had.
Screenshot_20190118-140059-01.jpeg

I retract what I said about it's structure/composition above now I've analysed it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom