B&W RESULT: #17 Black & White Challenge

My apologies for the delay. I did this the other night through my computer, I swear, but it's not there. Thanks for your patience everyone.

The winner of the back and white challenge is terse, with his photo of the stairwell. This image, in particular, really stands out for me. The perspective is wonderful, the patterns make the image rich and appealing to the eye. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope It's absolutely the kind of photo opp I would love to have. All the elements of an amazing photo are present.

terse2-jpg.91594

This was a tough choice. All of the images submitted were fantastic. I think Terse would have won with one of his other photos, had he not submitted the staircase. The shoreline photo with softened water was also a runner up.

I really enjoyed everyone's submissions. Each of you are able to create such unique images, all with very distinct differences in style and approach. What a richly talented group we have here on MobiTog.

Honorable mentions to the following runner ups.

sdimbour : Photo of man playing the fiddle, is a beautiful image. Great background scenery behind the focal point. The image elements make it easy to imagine the life story of the fiddler.

GroovyGouvy : I love the water fountain image. It's got a classic look to it and there's plenty for the eye to take in.

deepop : This was a close contender with Terse. The patterns of the deck, the layout of the chairs, the way the image is captured overhead, well done. The contrast really makes the photo pop, taking the image from ordinary to extraordinary.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies for the delay. I did this the other night through my computer, I swear, but it's not there. Thanks for your patience everyone.

The winner of the back and white challenge is Terse, with his photo of the stairwell. This image, in particular, really stands out for me. The perspective is wonderful, the patterns make the image rich and appealing to the eye. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope It's absolutely the kind of photo opp I would love to have. All the elements of an amazing photo are present.

terse2-jpg.91594

This was a tough choice. All of the images submitted were fantastic. I think Terse would have won with one of his other photos, had he not submitted the staircase. The shoreline photo with softened water was also a runner up.

I really enjoyed everyone's submissions. Each of you are able to create such unique images, all with very distinct differences in style and approach. What a richly talented group we have here on MobiTog.

Sdimbour: Photo of man playing the fiddle, is a beautiful image. Great background scenery behind the focal point. The image elements make it easy to imagine the life story of the fiddler.

GroovyGouvy: I love the water fountain image. It's got a classic look to it and there's plenty for the eye to take in.

DeepPop: This was a close contender with Terse. The patterns of the deck, the layout of the chairs, the way the image is captured overhead, well done. The contrast really makes the photo pop, taking the image from ordinary to extraordinary.

Cheers!
Worth waiting for Brian. Well judged :thumbs: Congratulations Ted, that was a mesmerising image. Well done, Sandra, Gouvy and David. #18 is well advanced and I hope your loins are girded for the judging Ted (if that's not too much of a personal question :oops:).

The winner of the back and white challenge is terse, with his photo of the stairwell. This image, in particular, really stands out for me. The perspective is wonderful, the patterns make the image rich and appealing to the eye. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope It's absolutely the kind of photo opp I would love to have. All the elements of an amazing photo are present.

terse2-jpg.91594

sdimbour : Photo of man playing the fiddle, is a beautiful image. Great background scenery behind the focal point. The image elements make it easy to imagine the life story of the fiddler.

GroovyGouvy : I love the water fountain image. It's got a classic look to it and there's plenty for the eye to take in.

deepop : This was a close contender with Terse. The patterns of the deck, the layout of the chairs, the way the image is captured overhead, well done. The contrast really makes the photo pop, taking the image from ordinary to extraordinary.

Cheers!
Wonderful choices... It was worth the wait! :) Congrats terse Ted!! Well done, sir! :mobisir:

Hand claps for sdimbour, GroovyGouvy and deepop David!! :D

terse2-jpg.91594

Cheers!

Thanks Brian for the honorable mention [emoji4] very proud.
Congratulation Ted, the iMages you posted here were outstanding [emoji106]
Congratulation to GroovyGouvy and Deepop for the honorable mention [emoji106]

In the Churchyard

View attachment 91243
I came back from the shop in the village via the churchyard. I found this French sounding name and thought it might be from the Napoleonic prisoner of war camp that we had just outside Stilton. When I looked it up, it was the grave of a gentleman that had been robbed and murdered in Stilton! The body outline was from my visit to the Agatha Christie exibition earlier in the year.
Enlight.

Fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom