B&W RESULT: #194 Black & White Challenge

357A25CB-08F1-4F44-B730-63C79A166AF4.jpeg

Summer in Rheinhessen.

1608781967673.png

Sydney Library, a unique structure wrapped in timber and designed by Japanese Architect Kengo Kuma who designed the stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. Put together with more than 23 kilometres of timber panels curved around the outside of the circular building which is supposed to bear the likeness to a birds nest, the handcrafted panels also filter natural light into the building. HipstamaticX

terse As far as I remember it was broken but also it was close to midnight! :) It was taken during a trip and I was having a walk around the hotel...
It's the main station of Weimar (Germany)

938C7FA7-B1AC-441A-837A-8EA09FFC0420.jpeg

Base photo was shadows coming through a screen door, which added texture. My hand with the figure supplied courtesy of the Brainfever “human” app. iPhone with noir filter from photos app

Oh goodness!!! I’d forgotten it was Sunday. All the days are melding into one. Sorry. I now declare this challenge CLOSED, and ask shryn Stephen to choose his favourites. Over to you Stephen, while I have a lie down in a darkened room!:lol:

The winning photograph this month is Geek1956 “Perspective” early morning Sydney Opera House capture

1608130461512-jpeg.162828

Love the composition. Stark and simple. Human aspirations and the Sydney Opera House a monument to our aspirations?

Second is Celine Lumiere Summer in Rheinhessen.

357a25cb-08f1-4f44-b730-63c79a166af4-jpeg.163009

The composition is very good, as is the perspective. It reminds me very much of my bike touring along straight, seemingly never ending roads and distant horizons.

Third is TomHH No trespassing
img_20201009_235921-01-jpeg.163024

A very atmospheric feel of a lonely station, after the last train has left. It reminds me of my days traveling around on a Eurail pass. Nice symmetry in composition.

Honourable mentions go to rizole for Community Resource Centre and rizole Rizole again for Mew...ltude greetings. Is that a pigeon wearing a santa hat?

Congratulations to the winners.

As usual, there were a number of very good photos to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:
The winning photograph this month is Geek1956 “Perspective” early morning Sydney Opera House capture

1608130461512-jpeg.162828

Love the composition. Stark and simple. Human aspirations and the Sydney Opera House a monument to our aspirations?

Second is Celine Lumiere Summer in Rheinhessen.

357a25cb-08f1-4f44-b730-63c79a166af4-jpeg.163009

The composition is very good, as is the perspective. It reminds me very much of my bike touring along straight, seemingly never ending roads and distant horizons.

Third is TomHH No trespassing
img_20201009_235921-01-jpeg.163024

A very atmospheric feel of a lonely station, after the last train has left. It reminds me of my days traveling around on a Eurail pass. Nice symmetry in composition.

Honourable mentions go to rizole for Community Resource Centre and @rizole Rizole again for Mew...ltude greetings. Is that a pigeon wearing a santa hat?

Congratulations to the winners.

As usual, there were a number of very good photos to choose from.
Thank you Stephen for that lovely bit of judging - it’s always great to hear the judges thoughts behind their choices. Congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin - that image is a winner every time. It should definitely be entered into an external competition in my humble opinion. But then that goes for the second and third placed images too - well done Celine Lumiere Celine and TomHH Tom respectively. I believe that we have the highest quality black and white mobile images on the Internet - nay, in the Universe!!!!!! Every challenge brings new and amazing black and whites, so thank you all. I’m now off to the Gallery with the Sydney Opera house and its viewer.:hearteyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom