B&W RESULT:#20 Black & White Challenge

View attachment 92611

Trying to make the best choice
emoji3.png
voting day in France

Iphone 7 native app - snapseed for crop, light, details and bnw

Crisp & clean -- any chance the election will be that way? Best of luck for your country !

What a beauty. The thing is, we don't see them that often now, because people think "Can't take that, it's a cliche". So they end up, not being cliches, if you see what I mean :confused:.

Gives me an idea for a theme - or have we already done 'how many clichés can you fit in one image'?
I might thinking Instagram cliché: the feet, the yoga pose, the arms outstretched to indicate the presence of the Sublime in the waterfall/mountain/sunset, the aerial view of the designer cappuccino froth . . . I'll have to do some research and compile a list :mobibabe:

Sorry, I should have closed this challenge ages ago, but two Yellowhammers (male and female) flew into the front window, killing the male and stunning the female. I had to cuddle the female to keep her warm whilst she recovered from the shock.

Enough of that though. This Black and White Challenge is now Closed. It's up to jalaislynn Lynn to choose the winners from what has been a great week, post-wise, for the challenge.:thumbs: Good luck Lynn. :D

I thought I'd help out my sis jalaislynn. It's her first judging -- and you recall she was consulting her Critic's Handbook . . . Having had the benefit of an education in postmodern literary criticism :mobibabe: (shuddup, terse, RoseCat, etc :appsir:), I can recognise incisive artistic commentary when I see it. And talk about serendipity, lookit what turned up in my inbox! This is the 'press release' for the exhibition of recent 'Seeing Blue' art comp. And it's written by a REAL ART CRITIC and there's even an email address if you WANT MORE INFORMATION.

You're welcome :inlove:

An eye-catching continuity permeates this assembly of works that flows from images of scattered hopes to those of soft spiritual restorations. Literal realism and bold futuristic abstracts join this exhibit with remarkable aesthetic connection. One cannot help but question, “Does the blue adapt to the image or does the blue acquiesce to the message?” However one chooses to perceive this collection, it is evident that the unique and impressive applications of the color blue elevate it to a purpose of newfound reflections; the wide range of emotions expressed here makes this quite evident.

Continuity strides with confidence and subtle defiance as dream-like droplet sparks travel on and hold on as they respectfully enter a pointillist realism. The blue illusions we visit here are not only trusted guides as we travel along their collective offerings; they are reassurances of a continual cohesion within our world--sometimes sweetly poignant, other times sharply defined. Yet they are one with their principles.

This exhibit is a gift to those in search of travels through the surreal which flow into a classic celebration of life. Viewers will find themselves searching for the beginning and the finale, for all the intentional reasons.

Gives me an idea for a theme - or have we already done 'how many clichés can you fit in one image'?
I might thinking Instagram cliché: the feet, the yoga pose, the arms outstretched to indicate the presence of the Sublime in the waterfall/mountain/sunset, the aerial view of the designer cappuccino froth . . . I'll have to do some research and compile a list :mobibabe:
and a pair of feet ...

Sorry, I should have closed this challenge ages ago, but two Yellowhammers (male and female) flew into the front window, killing the male and stunning the female. I had to cuddle the female to keep her warm whilst she recovered from the shock.

Enough of that though. This Black and White Challenge is now Closed. It's up to jalaislynn Lynn to choose the winners from what has been a great week, post-wise, for the challenge.:thumbs: Good luck Lynn. :D
Oh no!!! :'( How traumatic... so glad she had someone like you there to comfort her. Poor little yellowhammers and poor Jilly. xoxo

Continuity strides with confidence and subtle defiance as dream-like droplet sparks travel on and hold on as they respectfully enter a pointillist realism. The blue illusions we visit here are not only trusted guides as we travel along their collective offerings; they are reassurances of a continual cohesion within our world--sometimes sweetly poignant, other times sharply defined. Yet they are one with their principles.

This exhibit is a gift to those in search of travels through the surreal which flow into a classic celebration of life. Viewers will find themselves searching for the beginning and the finale, for all the intentional reasons.
A classic example of the genre. It would deserve to be stuffed if it weren't already. Each sentence sparkles like a gem, but I confess I'm particularly drawn to "Continuity strides with confidence and subtle defiance..."

6043.jpg
IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

I'm new here and don't know protocol so including three in this post. Hope you like them...

"Trail" shot and edited on iPhone 6s Plus. Shot in Falls Creek Falls state park.

"Tracks" shot and edited on iPhone 6s Plus. Shot in Cookeville, TN

"Barn" shot and edited on iPhone 6s Plus. Shot in the middle of nowhere outside Sparta, TN

View attachment 92650View attachment 92651
View attachment 92653

I'm new here and don't know protocol so including three in this post. Hope you like them...

"Trail" shot and edited on iPhone 6s Plus. Shot in Falls Creek Falls state park.

"Barn" shot and edited on iPhone 6s Plus. Shot in the middle of nowhere outside Sparta, TN
They're fab but you posted them on a thread that's closed for new submissions - they close old ones and start new on Sundays as a rule.
You could repost them here....in the new black and white challenge.
I'm sure a nice administrator will be along at some point and sort it out :)
Welcome to mobitog.

Last edited:
View attachment 92653

The middle one in particular is great, as rizole says, B/W #21 is the place for these :thumbs:

View attachment 92653

They're fab but you posted them on a thread that's closed for new submissions - they close old ones and start new on Sundays as a rule.
You could repost them here....in the new black and white challenge.
I'm sure a nice administrator will be along at some point and sort it out :)
Welcome to mobitog.
No worries! I'll move them to the proper thread. :thumbs:

EDIT: Never mind! I see you already posted them there. :thumbs:

A classic example of the genre. It would deserve to be stuffed if it weren't already. Each sentence sparkles like a gem, but I confess I'm particularly drawn to "Continuity strides with confidence and subtle defiance..."

That was my favourite too, along with the viewers searching for the beginning and the finale, for all the intentional reasons.

A polite version of 'let me out of here!!'?

Good Morning fellow Mobitoggers,

I have to say that even though it can be pretty hard to single out one photo/photographer to be the winner, I found that I really enjoyed the process of looking deeply at each of the images.

I am very pleased to nominate deepop David as the winner of this challenge for his photo “Cleveland Museum of Art: Enlight”. Even from my extensively non-photographic background, I thought this photo was extraordinary. My eyes were drawn to the complex myriad of lines, angles, curves and light; but I also found that the balanced way these elements blended into a ‘wholeness’ allowed for my eyes to rest on individual features.
Cleveland Museum of Art - Enlight.jpeg

Second place I awarded to lkbside Leslie for Plaza Blanca, Abiquiu, N.M. My experience of this image was of being drawn close to feel that I was included in the scene, and of stepping back to experience the grandeur of structure and the intensity of that sky. Absolutely stunning.
Plaza Blanca, Abiquiu.jpg

For third place I chose rizole for his photo “Under the Bridge”. I was struck by the way he has created a balanced image, with a palpable sense of calm, from the numerous and diverse textures and shapes. I found this very pleasing to the eye and to the mind.
Under the Bridge.jpeg

I would like to make honourable mention of the following artists:

· Glenton Rodolfo for “In Front of the White Sky” – a striking photo. I also loved the subtly placed “Jilly Birds”
In Front of the White Sky.jpeg

· RoseCat Catherine for her snapseeded curved structure and her talent for creating an inviting and seamless image out of a huge and potentially looming structure.
Curved Structure.JPG

· sinnerjohn John for “Night in Day” – that sky!!
Night in Day.JPG

· Starzee Star for “Ducklings” and her ability to portray their warm fuzziness in a black and white image.
Ducklings.jpg

And of course thank you to my sis zenjenny for her tutorage in “ … the art of incisive artistic commentary”.
zenjenny.jpg

Thank you all for entrusting your creations to me for this process
Lynn :)

Back
Top Bottom