B&W RESULT: #206 Black & White Challenge

E0DF7012-E851-4832-A2AE-3C285D1E1214.jpeg

Historical Palisade hotel at the “Rocks” Sydney CBD. Nomo

47630C5C-8401-4918-9FFF-32DAB5B51AAF.jpeg

Former hospital where I was confined for 10 days with mononucleosis in October 1965 (my first quarter at college). Every night at 9 pm, they gave me a sleeping pill, and every night at midnight, they woke me up to do a blood test.
Apple cam, Photos

View attachment 168228

Former hospital where I was confined for 10 days with mononucleosis in October 1965 (my first quarter at college). Every night at 9 pm, they gave me a sleeping pill, and every night at midnight, they woke me up to do a blood test.
Apple cam, Photos
The reaction is for the photo, for the story the reaction is :eek:

It’s time to
close this particular Black & White Challenge. There are lots of lovely images to choose from - I hope sinnerjohn John has had his Weetabix this morning!! :lol: It’s over to you John, whenever you have a moment.

My apologies, Sunday passed me by in shades of family drama and football.......

Where to start, well it was a very big week in b/w.
terse 15 images
deepop 12 images
Geek1956 6 images
rizole 4 images
JillyG, Starzee, (and me) 2 apiece
@younger,tomklyn, & juryjone 1 apiece
46 images in total, 4 pages, 3 featuring cats and 12 featuring humans.

I base my winners on the images I 'like' the most, not necessarily the most technically proficient.

In first place Starzee with 'Morning Light' an image not based on location but nonetheless creates a mood. An image I find very calming.

1624873103177.png

In 2nd place terse (an image based on location this time) I think Ted called this Human scale and I'm pretty much sure we've been treated to these bird festooned rocks before, but what's not to like here. The humans giving perspective to the dramatic rocks. I've never been to Cali but the rocks on the Algarve in Portugal are very similar.
1624873268684.png

3rd place is deepop with Palantine Hill, I'm a sucker for location and all of David's Italian adventure images have been fantastic, but I especially like this one, so obviously Italy.
1624873590537.png

Special mention for JillyG who posted two really nice images and the Normanton church image was front runner here for winner until I looked at the clouds particularly the middle largest one. Was it Mobitog messing with it or just over processing? Or is it meant to be like that? I dunno :confused:
Ted's Portage image also wowed me but I think it may get votes elsewhere :rolleyes: Oh and I loved Starzee's The Garden Shop but hey everyone can't win!
Brilliant week Team B/W :thumbs:

terse 15 images
deepop 12 images
Geek1956 6 images
rizole 4 images

I base my winners on the images I 'like' the most, not necessarily the most technically proficient.

In first place Starzee with 'Morning Light' an image not based on location but nonetheless creates a mood. An image I find very calming.

View attachment 168271

In 2nd place terse (an image based on location this time) I think Ted called this Human scale and I'm pretty much sure we've been treated to these bird festooned rocks before, but what's not to like here. The humans giving perspective to the dramatic rocks. I've never been to Cali but the rocks on the Algarve in Portugal are very similar.
View attachment 168272

3rd place is deepop with Palantine Hill, I'm a sucker for location and all of David's Italian adventure images have been fantastic, but I especially like this one, so obviously Italy.
View attachment 168273

Special mention for JillyG who posted two really nice images and the Normanton church image was front runner here for winner until I looked at the clouds particularly the middle largest one. Was it Mobitog messing with it or just over processing? Or is it meant to be like that? I dunno :confused:
Ted's Portage image also wowed me but I think it may get votes elsewhere :rolleyes: Oh and I loved Starzee's The Garden Shop but hey everyone can't win!
Oh my! I’m speechless. Honored. Dazed and confused. Thank you! And, oh no! Now I have to judge the hardest challenge on Mobitog!!! Nice work terse Ted, deepop David and JillyG Jilly!!!

terse 15 images
deepop 12 images
Geek1956 6 images
rizole 4 images

View attachment 168271

View attachment 168272

View attachment 168273

Good picks John and congratulations to Starzee for the win and terse and deepop

Oh my! I’m speechless. Honored. Dazed and confused. Thank you! And, oh no! Now I have to judge the hardest challenge on Mobitog!!! Nice work terse Ted, deepop David and JillyG Jilly!!!
Nice judging John. Congratulations Star. (I sometimes think it would be fun to have an ongoing thread “simple “ household scenes, an ongoing document of our daily visual life.) Congrats to Ted. Thanks for the third place.

terse 15 images
deepop 12 images
Geek1956 6 images
rizole 4 images

View attachment 168271

View attachment 168272

View attachment 168273

Great judging John, thank you.:thumbs: You had lots of images to choose from this time. Big hugs to Starzee Star for that wonderful image - well spotted! High fives to terse Ted and deepop David for second and third respectively. And thank you for my Special Mention. That cloud was completely natural - I double checked the unedited version before I posted the black and white because it looked like I’d squared it off. I toyed with the idea of trying to make it look a bit more natural, but then didn’t. Right, I’m off to the Gallery to hang Star’s Morning Light. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom