B&W RESULT: #211 Black & White Challenge

Lets rock n roll then. a difficult one for me, probably anyone. Three pages of top class images, 14 from Ted yeah 14 !!

To be honest I was ready to choose a winner from one of the three images on page 2, the palm tree (looking like a giant chimney sweeps brush), the roller coaster (beautiful lines and angles) or the gull (and I have one to post this week, not as good as this though !!) And yeah all Ted's images.

Then page 3 happened :confused:

This week's winner and top position I'm going to give to Geek1956. Absolutely love his spare limbs image, great composition and I have a real soft spot for mannequins.
1630867375227.png

In 2nd I have to choose one of Ted's, but which one?
1630867518410.png

The Giant Dipper, fabulous capture or what?

3rd spot goes to rizole with another mannequin image ( at least I think it is ) its ever so slightly menacing and a little bit creepy. Hopefully that's the way its meant to be. Something not human but human shaped lurking in the shadows.

1630868678270.png

A few mentions. I liked the simplicity of JillyG's slowboat to Skegness, a lovely find. Geek1956's busker or skating man it seems.
Nice shot of Lincoln Catherdral again by JillyG.
lkbside Leslie's images were interesting but I really wasn't sure what I was looking at!! I really liked sdimbour's image of the 6 people looking over the bridge. Sandra can always be relied upon to bring great b/w's to the challenge.
Oh that spider by TomHH, what fantastic detail. Midnight Express by one of our newest members WOTANICUS pushed all the right buttons for me as well, I'm a sucker for a nice tintype. I think Bill has brought another dimension to Mobitog since his arrival and will soon be racking up more honours. Although the holy trinity of Ted, Sandra and Rizole are hard to beat!!
Finally deepop's floating windows, maybe a throwback from last weeks negative space, but its a great image.

Now finally as I have to say nearly all of terse's Ted's images could have been winners. In fact the 1950's art image nearly won it until I saw the word i*******a :lmao:

If you're still reading ;) I have to say yet again what a magical set of images taken on Mobile Devices :thumbs:

Lets rock n roll then. a difficult one for me, probably anyone. Three pages of top class images, 14 from Ted yeah 14 !!

To be honest I was ready to choose a winner from one of the three images on page 2, the palm tree (looking like a giant chimney sweeps brush), the roller coaster (beautiful lines and angles) or the gull (and I have one to post this week, not as good as this though !!) And yeah all Ted's images.

This week's winner and top position I'm going to give to Geek1956. Absolutely love his spare limbs image, great composition and I have a real soft spot for mannequins.
View attachment 170961

View attachment 170962

3rd spot goes to rizole with another mannequin image ( at least I think it is ) its ever so slightly menacing and a little bit creepy. Hopefully that's the way its meant to be. Something not human but human shaped lurking in the shadows.

View attachment 170964

A few mentions. I liked the simplicity of JillyG's slowboat to Skegness, a lovely find. Geek1956's busker or skating man it seems.
lkbside Leslie's images were interesting but I really wasn't sure what I was looking at!! I really liked sdimbour's image of the 6 people looking over the bridge. Sandra can always be relied upon to bring great b/w's to the challenge.
Oh that spider by TomHH, what fantastic detail. Midnight Express by one of our newest members WOTANICUS pushed all the right buttons for me as well, I'm a sucker for a nice tintype. I think Bill has brought another dimension to Mobitog since his arrival and will soon be racking up more honours. Although the holy trinity of Ted, Sandra and Rizole are hard to beat!!
Finally deepop's floating windows, maybe a throwback from last weeks negative space, but its a great image.

Now finally as I have to say nearly all of terse's Ted's images could have been winners. In fact the 1950's art image nearly won it until I saw the word i*******a :lmao:

If you're still reading ;) I have to say yet again what a magical set of images taken on Mobile Devices :thumbs:
A lovely piece of judging John. Super congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin - a wonderful win against all of those fabulous black and whites. Great work too from terse Ted for all of his entries, not just his second place, and to rizole Rizole with his third place. High fives to all of the HMs, and thank you for my mention. Another wonderful week of black and whites. How do you all do it? You’re marvellous.:notworthy: Right, I’m going to try to grapple with all of those limbs and take them down to the Gallery.

View attachment 170961

View attachment 170962

View attachment 170964

Thank you for the kind words and the second, John. I wanted to make sure you had enough things to look at. It's no fun judging when you've barely got enough to fill out the podium, right? :D Congrats to many-limbed Geek1956 for the win and rizole for the slightly sinister third.:thumbs:

Last edited:

View attachment 170961

View attachment 170962

View attachment 170964

Admirable judging, John, especially with so many winners to choose from. Congratulations to all the winners and HMs.

Back
Top Bottom