B&W RESULT:#32 Black & White Challenge

In reverse because at the time of writing I haven't made my mind up about the winner....
HM's to:
I keep coming back to sdimbour's Playing with posters. It's a good image in it's own right but every time I look at it my eyes are drawn to something that's not there. There's a presence in the negative space and because it's not explicit, my mind fills the space with a large, mechanical figure. Something like a Tansformer. o_O
View attachment 96505

HM to Starzee with Out of the Wood. Delicate, beautiful and bang on focus.
HM to deepop for Shot from the hip. I think the angle makes this, a balanced, dynamic construction of triangles, rhomboids and strong lines.

In thrid place is sck with The coconut tree. Very moody. I can't quite get the scale of the thing. It looks small unless I look closer and then it looks vast.

In second...... iS tommy71k with The Bridge of Sighs. A winning picture, perfect framing, great subject, beautiful processing and the gondola is spot on. I would have given this first place as it's faultless but this week...

1st place goes to davegray's Wasn't originally a fan of selfies.
img_1464-jpg.96373

It would be quite a pedestrian picture without you in the foreground, still good, well framed, nice processing, strong lowlights, but your phizog makes it into something far more interesting, quirky. It looks like the picture has strong contrasts throughout but your face has much softer contrasts, almost as if you've photoshopped it in from a different shoot altogether.
Even the angle looks slightly off. If someone else had taken this your head would be framed from a lower perspective.
To my eye (and this is not meant as a criticism) there's something not quite right about the whole thing and that makes me want to come back and look at it repeatedly.
I've just read all that back and it doesn't sound very complimentary. It's a fab pic, I love it.
Oh,im so.honoured for my second place.My congratulations going to first place and to all participants of this wonderful challenge.Thank you so so much to all of you[emoji259]

In reverse because at the time of writing I haven't made my mind up about the winner....
HM's to:
I keep coming back to sdimbour's Playing with posters. It's a good image in it's own right but every time I look at it my eyes are drawn to something that's not there. There's a presence in the negative space and because it's not explicit, my mind fills the space with a large, mechanical figure. Something like a Tansformer. o_O
View attachment 96505

HM to deepop for Shot from the hip. I think the angle makes this, a balanced, dynamic construction of triangles, rhomboids and strong lines.

In thrid place is sck with The coconut tree. Very moody. I can't quite get the scale of the thing. It looks small unless I look closer and then it looks vast.

In second...... iS tommy71k with The Bridge of Sighs. A winning picture, perfect framing, great subject, beautiful processing and the gondola is spot on. I would have given this first place as it's faultless but this week...

img_1464-jpg.96373

It would be quite a pedestrian picture without you in the foreground, still good, well framed, nice processing, strong lowlights, but your phizog makes it into something far more interesting, quirky. It looks like the picture has strong contrasts throughout but your face has much softer contrasts, almost as if you've photoshopped it in from a different shoot altogether.
Even the angle looks slightly off. If someone else had taken this your head would be framed from a lower perspective.
To my eye (and this is not meant as a criticism) there's something not quite right about the whole thing and that makes me want to come back and look at it repeatedly.
I've just read all that back and it doesn't sound very complimentary. It's a fab pic, I love it.

Thanks for the HM and the photography lesson [emoji106] this will help me practicing my photography.
Congrats to all HM and winners !!! Especially Davegray !!!! Well done [emoji106][emoji3]

HM's to:
View attachment 96505

img_1464-jpg.96373

Congratulations to all and thanks for the mention. Now, I have to go back and look at Sdimbour's without the negative image circled. I missed the Transformer. Good eye!

Back
Top Bottom