B&W RESULT:#67 Black & White Challenge

Dex

F03D0396-2B38-4398-AACE-5AA1BC7A651A.jpeg

Snapseed

Apparently, Winston Churchill once said “One does not leave a convivial party before closing time”. Well, sorry Winston, but this black and white party is now closed. :D It is the task of RoseCat Catherine to choose her favourites. When you have a moment my dear.:)

Apparently, Winston Churchill once said “One does not leave a convivial party before closing time”. Well, sorry Winston, but this black and white party is now closed. :D It is the task of RoseCat Catherine to choose her favourites. When you have a moment my dear.:)
Sipping my chai tea and I'm on it! :thumbs:

Lots of wonderful B&W images this week... I could choose at least 5 as winners, but I've got to narrow it down. As I seem to do, I go the the image that keeps drawing me back, my *gut reaction* so to speak, and this week it was.......

sdimbour Sandra's "Rue de la République". :inlove: I love the use of the window panes as a "frame"... it created not just a B&W street shot type image, but for me a wonderful sort-of-abstract arty image - Each window pane is it's own photo, and I got lost looking at them individually, then zooming out and viewing it as a whole. My only wee critique that for me would make this even more amazing is to crop off that extra bit on the top, keeping just the full panes. But it certainly doesn't stop me from loving this image. Congrats Sandra!! :D

Rue de la République - Sandra.JPG

Coming in at a very close second is terse Ted's "Lady with a Dog". Not only do I love the zen minimalism of the image, but the title made it almost literally *change* before my eyes.... Yes, there is a woman and her dog, sitting on their rock in peaceful companionable silence, watching the ocean together. Just lovely.
lady with a dog - ted.jpeg

I give all of the following third place - love them all!

rizole's "Dead Centre" with it's beautiful light and shadows, and the bright spot in the center that could be a spirit form visiting or protecting, love the mystical vibe.
dead centre - rizole.jpeg

sinnerjohn's "Electrolite - various" has those soft tones that I love, and all of it's messy twisty branches just fit together perfectly.

Electrolite - various sinnerjohn.jpeg

JillyG's "Tulipa Negra" (even though SHE didn't think it was "quite right" :sneaky: ) - the highlights for me are the gorgeous light and texture, the brightness of the bloom against all the beautiful charcoal and black, and the abstract/painterly nature. Beautiful!

Tulipa Negra - jilly.jpeg

In stark contrast, JillyG's "Dex", clean, simple, so crisp and clear, and who couldn't love that little face gazing out at us??

Dex - jilly.jpeg

Lynne.Peterson Lynne's "Sprinkles Cupcakes, Ghirardelli Chocolate, and a Ferris wheel" - white, black, shades of grey, lines and circles, all the happy words sprinkled (pun intended :rolleyes:) throughout.... great composition!

Sprinkles Cupcakes, Ghirardelli Chocolate, and a Ferris wheel lynne.JPG

Nice work, RoseCat :notworthy: iow ‘you chose the image I would have chosen’ :thumbs: :mobibabe: :lol: Congrats sdimbour Sandra - fabulous image that reminds me a bit of those Christmas calendars . . . Where you open one square window every day . . . ? No? Just me? :oops: :alien:
Congrats @everyoneelse - and thank you all for another lovely week of B&W :inlove:

Lots of wonderful B&W images this week... I could choose at least 5 as winners, but I've got to narrow it down. As I seem to do, I go the the image that keeps drawing me back, my *gut reaction* so to speak, and this week it was.......

sdimbour Sandra's "Rue de la République". :inlove: I love the use of the window panes as a "frame"... it created not just a B&W street shot type image, but for me a wonderful sort-of-abstract arty image - Each window pane is it's own photo, and I got lost looking at them individually, then zooming out and viewing it as a whole. My only wee critique that for me would make this even more amazing is to crop off that extra bit on the top, keeping just the full panes. But it certainly doesn't stop me from loving this image. Congrats Sandra!! :D

View attachment 107275

Coming in at a very close second is terse Ted's "Lady with a Dog". Not only do I love the zen minimalism of the image, but the title made it almost literally *change* before my eyes.... Yes, there is a woman and her dog, sitting on their rock in peaceful companionable silence, watching the ocean together. Just lovely.View attachment 107276

rizole's "Dead Centre" with it's beautiful light and shadows, and the bright spot in the center that could be a spirit form visiting or protecting, love the mystical vibe.
View attachment 107277

sinnerjohn's "Electrolite - various" has those soft tones that I love, and all of it's messy twisty branches just fit together perfectly.

View attachment 107278

JillyG's "Tulipa Negra" (even though SHE didn't think it was "quite right" :sneaky: ) - the highlights for me are the gorgeous light and texture, the brightness of the bloom against all the beautiful charcoal and black, and the abstract/painterly nature. Beautiful!

View attachment 107279

In stark contrast, JillyG's "Dex", clean, simple, so crisp and clear, and who couldn't love that little face gazing out at us??

View attachment 107281

Lynne.Peterson Lynne's "Sprinkles Cupcakes, Ghirardelli Chocolate, and a Ferris wheel" - white, black, shades of grey, lines and circles, all the happy words sprinkled (pun intended :rolleyes:) throughout.... great composition!

View attachment 107280

All great photos!
Thank you for the mention [emoji173]️

View attachment 107275

Coming in at a very close second is terse Ted's "Lady with a Dog". Not only do I love the zen minimalism of the image, but the title made it almost literally *change* before my eyes.... Yes, there is a woman and her dog, sitting on their rock in peaceful companionable silence, watching the ocean together. Just lovely.View attachment 107276

View attachment 107277

View attachment 107278

View attachment 107279

View attachment 107281

View attachment 107280
Great job Catherine.:thumbs: sdimbour Sandra’s image is wonderfully composed and full of interest, as are all of her images. Congratulations Sandra.:thumbs: And to all of those mentioned and not mentioned, a huge thank you for being such great supporters of the Black & White Challenge.:inlove: It’s nothing without you. Okay, me and Sandra’s great Rue de la République are off to the Gallery.:thumbs:

View attachment 107275

View attachment 107277

View attachment 107278

View attachment 107279

View attachment 107281

View attachment 107280

[emoji50] waooooouhhh !!!!!!
Thanks @ RoseCat Catherine for making me the winner of this week bnw challenge [emoji4]
Very happy and proud [emoji4]

Congrats to all mentions for your great iMages [emoji106]

Thank you all for your comments !!!

I’ll be watching great pictures next week [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom