B&W RESULT:#71 Black & White Challenge

I like this. Is it an image from your cache and/or a recent one? (I’m wondering if you are in an experimental phase :inlove:)
Thanks, it’s a new one from last week. Yes, I’m trying to find interesting angles. The beach on this day was just extraordinary and I got a lot of interesting shots. I loved how at some angles in the wet sand, a double shadow appeared and I was lucky when this kid came running past and I sort of missed the shot but liked what I got in the end.

IMG_7045.JPG

The rose [emoji257]

Snapseed, Carbon

With Robert’s wonderful image providing the finale, this marvellous week of black and whites is now Closed. It’s the task of sinnerjohn John to do the honours and choose his favourite(s). I know you’ve got the double this week John, so whenever you have the time.:D

Righto lets be havin it then.

As usual, when I'm given the privilege to judge all these images (quite often way better than mine) I'll stress what I choose are images that appeal to me and are not necessarily the best either artistically or technically.

What I liked this week, in order posted.
JillyG 's Darling Starling, fantastically close, a real beauty (even from me with slight Ornithophobia)
Lynne.Peterson 's lovely b/w beach
deepop 's fabulous Summer Stripes, great contrasts
tomklyn 's superb Water Tower (this weeks Stephen King award)
ImageArt 's very nice Shadowplay
Celine Lumiere 's Time nibbled car
RHKing 's Shadowplay 18

I thought a couple of people were a bit below par this week in B/W, you know who you are ;)

First Place goes to Celine Lumiere
hipstamaticphoto-544022266-816795-jpg.108203

Love everything about this, great image:thumbs:

Second Place was deepop
fullsizeoutput_5b3c-jpeg.108169

love the simplicity of this and that black is just so BLACK !

Third is tomklyn with his water tower
fullsizerender-jpg.108180

Americana at its finest, love that negative space.

Those mentioned earlier are of course HM's.
Maybe worth a special mention would be Robert' Shadowplay. Probably a winner any other week and I wouldn't argue, your shots are in a different league sir.

As usual, when I'm given the privilege to judge all these images (quite often way better than mine) I'll stress what I choose are images that appeal to me and are not necessarily the best either artistically or technically.

JillyG 's Darling Starling, fantastically close, a real beauty (even from me with slight Ornithophobia)
RHKing 's Shadowplay 18

I thought a couple of people were a bit below par this week in B/W, you know who you are ;)

Second Place was deepop

Maybe worth a special mention would be Robert' Shadowplay. Probably a winner any other week and I wouldn't argue, your shots are in a different league sir.
Good choices, John, and applause for Celine Lumiere -- a classic b/w.

Well chosen, John! Congrats Celine! A beautiful image and well deserved first place. High fives to David and Tom and all the HMs... so much talent here!

RHKing 's Shadowplay 18

Second Place was deepop

A lovely piece of judging John.:thumbs: Celine Lumiere Celine’s image was a good one - I loved the little fox badge and I bet that post holds a sign which says No Parking! Congratulations Celine. Well done to the runners up - deepop David and tomklyn Thomas - great use of negative space in both. And to all the HMs - fabulous work. It was another great black and white week. I think the standard gets higher every week. Okay, me and Celine’s “Time is nibbling on” are off to the Gallery. We’re not going to drive down there because ... well, I think you know why.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom