B&W RESULT: B&W Challenge #269…..Ends February 12

0011988F-30D5-4C38-AE60-54F7E19A351F 2.jpeg

This challenge is now closed. It’s up to rizole Sam, to pick a winner….I don’t envy his job. I have a bunch of these images on my IOTM list. :D

In 3rd this week is West with their untitled statue. It's a stiking image in it's own right and I love the clarity and detail. I found the statue on Google maps and it turns out it's bright red but I think it works better in white myself. Nice work.

It was a close match for 1st place with 4 outstanding seaside pictures, all of which could have won. However, I'm giving 2nd place to Jacosta for both foggy day and Sandpipers. Both lovely and etherial but sandpipers edges out in front for me. Beautiful ecconomy of stucture and compositional elements. The lone figure makes it and how you got the birds to all face in the same direction is beyond me. Birds are notoriously bad at taking direction.

Our winner this week is terse who has knocked it out of the park with his long exposures and watery shots. Love flow, dramatic and powerful but I'm gonna hafta give the win to Ruins.

3C20AA53-9773-4989-8465-316EC5C8DC5F.jpeg

Again, an image with an ecconomy of stucture and compositional elements. I love the sense of things coming in and out of focus, hints of clarity and things disapearing, a graveyard feel to the picture, almost spooky. Nice work.

In 3rd this week is West with their untitled statue. It's a stiking image in it's own right and I love the clarity and detail. I found the statue on Google maps and it turns out it's bright red but I think it works better in white myself. Nice work.

It was a close match for 1st place with 4 outstanding seaside pictures, all of which could have won. However, I'm giving 2nd place to Jacosta for both foggy day and Sandpipers. Both lovely and etherial but sandpipers edges out in front for me. Beautiful ecconomy of stucture and compositional elements. The lone figure makes it and how you got the birds to all face in the same direction is beyond me. Birds are notoriously bad at taking direction.

Our winner this week is terse who has knocked it out of the park with his long exposures and watery shots. Love flow, dramatic and powerful but I'm gonna hafta give the win to Ruins.

View attachment 189779

Again, an image with an ecconomy of stucture and compositional elements. I love the sense of things coming in and out of focus, hints of clarity and things disapearing, a graveyard feel to the picture, almost spooky. Nice work.
Thanks for the first and the comments, rizole -- I thought Jacosta was going to run off with this one. Well done Jodi and West, too.

View attachment 189779

Congrats everyone!!!!

Sorry to haunt you with this, but I can’t see a way to turn off the frame.
Happy to help

Select the film
Toggle frame on and off with this icon
Most Hipsta films have the option to remove the frame this way
E91BD2C3-CF7F-4149-9878-6F59744EBCAA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom