MobiColour RESULT: MC #100 Theme: Still Life - Dec 25-31

This is actually the first time I've gone through this thread, which has a very large word/picture ratio. I apologize that I haven't been around to weigh in on the various discussions that cropped up (me being the Themester/Judge), although, as usual, you all have carried on quite nicely. ( A few late thoughts. 1)In my mind I was thinking of Still Life as photos of arranged or composed objects[although, like Gouvy, I usually find my myself photographing found "arrangements" of objects left lying around with no additional composition by me.) However, like Ted, I was looking forward to the artful Mobitogenous interpretations of the theme. 2.Re Jen's dog's wagging tail, it just proves there is still life in the aforesaid dog 3. Like everyone else I am in awe of Gouvy's command of the English language AND the mind that produces the content the language details.)

The winner of the ultimate MC of 2017 is...
terse with his "Still life". I'm taken by the variations on red, the wall texture, and the artful posing of the cloth. ( I also quite like the companion "Meta still life" which reminds me that I never use my little tripod and still have to purchase a bluetooth remote shutter button.)
6F8E1E89-2F24-4D22-B400-3B5469BA3C42.jpeg

Second goes to Starzee's "Still Life". Love the subject matter and what keeps drawing me to it is the riot of lines going off in all directions ( the tilt of the pickled vegetable jar, the toothpick, the sausage, the carrot on the plate, theknife,the folds in the background cloth, the stripes in the dish towel, the diagonal of the design on the cup - following all these lines takes my eyes and brain to every nook and cranny.)
IMG_2674.JPG

In third is FundyBrian's "The Fisherman" featuring a rather wistful looking crocodile lazing in his autumnal swamp. I'm also incredibly impressed at the time and effort Brian took to create this lovely tableau.
74A9FBFF-AC21-49ED-B710-C549FD08AA64.jpeg

Congratulations to all the posters in the challenge (and thanks for the stimulating discussions.) AND...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited:
This is actually the first time I've gone through this thread, which has a very large word/picture ratio. I apologize that I haven't been around to weigh in on the various discussions that cropped up (me being the Themester/Judge), although, as usual, you all have carried on quite nicely. ( A few late thoughts. 1)In my mind I was thinking of Still Life as photos of arranged or composed objects[although, like Gouvy, I usually find my myself photographing found "arrangements" of objects left lying around with no additional composition by me.) However, like Ted, I was looking forward to the artful Mobitogenous interpretations of the theme. 2.Re Jen's dog's wagging tail, it just proves there is still life in the aforesaid dog 3. Like everyone else I am in awe of Gouvy's command of the English language AND the mind that produces the content the language details.)

terse with his "Still life". I'm taken by the variations on red, the wall texture, and the artful posing of the cloth. ( I also quite like the companion "Meta still life" which reminds me that I never use my little tripod and still have to purchase a bluetooth remote shutter button.)
View attachment 104309

Second goes to Starzee's "Still Life". Love the subject matter and what keeps drawing me to it is the riot of lines going off in all directions ( the tilt of the pickled vegetable jar, the toothpick, the sausage, the carrot on the plate, theknife,the folds in the background cloth, the stripes in the dish towel, the diagonal of the design on the cup - following all these lines my eyes and brain to every nook and cranny.)
View attachment 104310

In third is FundyBrian's "The Fisherman" featuring a rather wistful looking crocodile lazing in his autumnal swamp. I'm also incredibly impressed at the time and effort Brian took to create this lovely tableau.
View attachment 104311

Congratulations to all the posters in the challenge (and thanks for the stimulating discussions.) AND...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now there's a great way to start the new year. Many thanks, David, and congrats to Star and Brian, too!

For this first week of 2018, there will be NO THEME. Bring on your best color images: any subject, any style, any apps you want.

Lovely wrap up David, thank you! As is so often the case in Mobi challenges, your judging comments are as pleasurable to read and as edifying as the images themselves.

Yay, Ted - wonderful image! Congrats Star and Brian on your superb still life interpretations.

And thanks all for the usual [‘Mobitogenous’? Venomator, a new word for the media releases :)] discussions, debates & definitions.

Nice end to the MC year and segue into the new :thumbs: :) :inlove:

Happy new year everybody!
Thanks to deepop to start it with judging and picking winners, congratulations to terse, Starzee and FundyBrian winning last year's last chance and terse to start the new year with a theme that is guaranteed to be flooded by pictures what makes it really hard judging at the end of the week.
Let's start the year with fun and let this be the red line throughout the whole 2018.
[emoji106][emoji256][emoji322][emoji177]

View attachment 104309

Second goes to Starzee's "Still Life". Love the subject matter and what keeps drawing me to it is the riot of lines going off in all directions ( the tilt of the pickled vegetable jar, the toothpick, the sausage, the carrot on the plate, theknife,the folds in the background cloth, the stripes in the dish towel, the diagonal of the design on the cup - following all these lines takes my eyes and brain to every nook and cranny.)
View attachment 104310

View attachment 104311

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Great judging David.:thumbs: terse Ted’s image has such a unified look with those wonderful colours and the composition looks like it’s completely natural. Well done to Starzee Star and FundyBrian Brian - two completely different, but interesting images. The theme for this challenge was a good one. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom