MobiColour RESULT: MC #116 Theme: Shadows - April 16-22, 2018

This week's top three are separated only by the thinnest of margins. You could shake them up in a bag, draw them out randomly, and still have a valid result. But somebody's got to be first, so...

First place goes to lkbside for "A mosque in Brunei," an image that grew on me over the week. I love the colors, the way the pale greens of the wall contrast with the rich colors of the doorway, floor, and border, the asymmetric composition, and the way the lattice of shadow echoes the diamond tiles.

originalphoto-544154083-770514-jpg.108375

Second place goes to deepop for his untitled image of a leaf bowl. I love the deep blacks contrasting with the bowl and the woven green surface, again the asymmetric composition, the beautiful curvy shadow on the bowl itself, and the overall simplicity of the image.

enlight1-jpg.108473

Third place goes to rizole for "Cheese plant," another asymmetric image that grew on me over the week with its simple forms, deep blacks, rich red, and the contrast between the baroque plant shadows and the stark background shadows. Most of all, it highlights the abstract forms that can be found in the commonplace (if you've got the eye for it).

20180418_161728-01-jpeg.108424

Honoroable Mentions

zenjenny for "In the shadow of the womb" (with extra applause for being the Most Metaphorical)

FundyBrian for thinking outside the box with his motion GIFs

What a great MC this has been! Lots of variety and inspiration. Congrats to lkbside, deepop, & rizole for placing 1,2,3, and superb images. Congrats to zenjenny & FundyBrian for HMs, hey that’s me, thank you!
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. These challenges are really worthwhile for all participants and even for sideline watchers.

This week's top three are separated only by the thinnest of margins. You could shake them up in a bag, draw them out randomly, and still have a valid result. But somebody's got to be first, so...

First place goes to lkbside for "A mosque in Brunei," an image that grew on me over the week. I love the colors, the way the pale greens of the wall contrast with the rich colors of the doorway, floor, and border, the asymmetric composition, and the way the lattice of shadow echoes the diamond tiles.

Second place goes to deepop for his untitled image of a leaf bowl. I love the deep blacks contrasting with the bowl and the woven green surface, again the asymmetric composition, the beautiful curvy shadow on the bowl itself, and the overall simplicity of the image.

enlight1-jpg.108473

Third place goes to rizole for "Cheese plant," another asymmetric image that grew on me over the week with its simple forms, deep blacks, rich red, and the contrast between the baroque plant shadows and the stark background shadows. Most of all, it highlights the abstract forms that can be found in the commonplace (if you've got the eye for it).

Honoroable Mentions

zenjenny for "In the shadow of the womb" (with extra applause for being the Most Metaphorical)

Good one Ted. Leslie has got the double this week, so well done Leslie! I love everything about that mosque image. Hearty slaps on the back to deepop David and rizole Rizole - two more atmospheric images which seem to echo the feeling of Leslie’s image.

enlight1-jpg.108473

Honoroable Mentions

Well done Ted!! You’ve picked many of my faves as well. Super congrats lkbside Leslie!! Well deserved win indeed. :inlove: Kudos and high fives to deepop David and rizole - love both of your images, and to HMs zenjenny and FundyBrian - you both always give us something creative and unique. :inlove:

Wow. And thanks everyone. It is such a challenge to come up with a good photo when on a group tour. Click, click and hope for the best.

Congrats, Leslie - gorgeous image from any angle :notworthy: :) :thumbs: . And two [more] stunners from David & Rizole :thumbs: :inlove: :thumbs:
Thank you for HM, Ted :inlove: — and Brian I love pd your gifs, too :)

(Double congrats to Leslie for double win, too!)

Back
Top Bottom