MobiColour RESULT: MC #135 Theme: No Theme - August 27-Sept 2, 2018

zenjenny Jen, aren’t you itching to put this into a collage - with sinnerjohn John’s permission obvs.

If John would like to see an abstractified version of his 8mage I’d be happy to oblige. In fact, I’d suggest (if John were excited at the prospect) that we reopen ‘Edit This!’ for the occasion and we all have at it :D

If John would like to see an abstractified version of his 8mage I’d be happy to oblige. In fact, I’d suggest (if John were excited at the prospect) that we reopen ‘Edit This!’ for the occasion and we all have at it :D
I'd be happy with this, but more of an 'Abstractify This' kind of thing rather than Edit, I always thought edit was the wrong term. Please go ahead I'm excited ;)

RoseCat's back on the road at the moment, so I'm going to wrap things up without waiting for her to officially close this week's MC. It's been a great week, with all kinds of images -- just what I love to see in a no theme week. So...

First goes to deepop for "Lotus heart," a lovely image that is both simple and unusual, asymmetric yet balanced. It's not enough just to see something beautiful; you also have to execute the shot and then refrain from messing it up with overediting! (David's "A Mies van der Rohe original" and "Big Bell" were also contenders.)

849eade0-fcfb-4b8c-ab0f-ebe24741007d-jpeg.113609

Second goes to zenjenny for "Psyche: breath, soul. V 532" Photos mainly bring the outer world in. Jen's images bring the inner world out. Like so much of her work, this image immediately starts me telling a story to myself about what's happening and what's coming next. Magical, as always. (And a special mention for "Harlequin Hodge," just because.)

5f5a2b31-49fa-4ee1-8cb1-98e14b97ceaa-jpeg.113573

Third goes to rizole, who was on a roll again this week with his insect series and his recursion series. But the image I kept coming back to was his first one, "Drought," an abstract found in nature. It's got vivid earthy color, glossy sheen versus textured ground, wandering streams of water sliding around a stolid rock, all in a very effective wide (and asymmetric) composition.

20180825_155327-01-jpeg.113407

Honorable Mentions in order of appearance:

sinnerjohn for Wash day blues

ImageArt for Sssssouth Wwwwestern Trrrains

Starzee for Pete’s Rat Rod

JillyG for Ferry Meadows

Congratulations and applause for the winners, HMs, and all the participants. I enjoyed it all.

Last edited:
RoseCat's back on the road at the moment, so I'm going to wrap things up without waiting for her to officially close this week's MC. It's been a great week, with all kinds of images -- just what I love to see in a no theme week. So...

First goes to deepop for "Lotus heart," a lovely image that is both simple and unusual, asymmetric yet balanced. It's not enough just to see something beautiful; you also have to execute the shot and then refrain from messing it up with overediting! (David's "A Mies van der Rohe original" and "Big Bell" were also contenders.)

Second goes to zenjenny for "Psyche: breath, soul. V 532" Photos mainly bring the outer world in. Jen's images bring the inner world out. Like so much of her work, this image immediately starts me telling a story to myself about what's happening and what's coming next. Magical, as always. (And a special mention for "Harlequin Hodge," just because.)

Third goes to rizole, who was on a roll again this week with his insect series and his recursion series. But the image I kept coming back to was his first one, "Drought," an abstract found in nature. It's got vivid earthy color, glossy sheen versus textured ground, wandering streams of water sliding around a stolid rock, all in a very effective wide (and asymmetric) composition.

JillyG for Ferry Meadows

Congratulations and applause for the winners, HMs, and all the participants. I enjoyed it all.
To quote JillyG I’m going to have to ungast my flabber and say I didn’t see that coming. Thanks, terse for the first place. Congratulations to zenjenny and rizole and to all the HM’s.
I am going to continue the no-theme theme MC#136.

JillyG for Ferry Meadows

Yay, well done, David. Lovely image. Same too to Jen and Rizole. Fantastic choices, Ted, and thanks for my HM.

Congrats, deepop David I would have had difficulty selecting one of your images this week. Your Mies van der Rohe would have been hard to get past. I love Ted’s succinct explanation of what makes your Lotus heart his winner (if I could think that succinctly I’d’ve said it in my ‘like’ message :))

Congrats rizole (Note to self: put that on auto-text) ; and I’m delighted to be 2nd! Your words mean a lot to me, Ted, thank you :notworthy: :)

Congrats ImageArt sinnerjohn JillyG Starzee :thumbs:

Another gorgeously colourful week in MC :inlove:

Wonderful and thoughtful wrapup terse Ted! Great choices.... deepop David’s Lotus Heart is beautiful and poignant and a well deserved winner - congrats David!! :inlove:

High fives to zenjenny Jen and rizole for placing. I adore both images... and kudos to the HMers!! A week chock-a-block full of wonderful images. :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom