MobiColour RESULT: MC #140 Theme: Lines - Oct 1-7, 2018

Outlines.
5C22F28E-7F06-4739-857B-39C729130139.jpeg

Clip2Comic.

I absolutely love the Moment Macro lens. I am now thinking of getting the Portrait lens. However....

I also have a Wide Angle lens which includes a macro lens which is a Beastgrip lens. I’m not sure what the macro magnification is on this but it’s not enough and I find using the iPhone’s x2 zoom works as well. The Beastgrip is unfortunately too much of a beast and so I haven’t used the Wide Angle. I’ve now got a cheap clip-on mount for this and still hope to use it. Beastgrip are coming out with a ‘BeastCage’ which I think is far more practical and like Moment will be made to fit the size of the camera. If it had been out already I might have considered going for this with their new x3 telephoto because you can fit filters to the front of both of these lenses. The standard 37mm size is used with the BeastGrip products so it enables you to use lenses from other makers which I think gives much more versatility.

But then the Moment lenses are really excellent so :confused: There always seems to be pros and cons for all products as there are for apps.

I’m sure Beastgrip used to have a Moment Lens adapter but can’t find it so wondered whether they were forced to withdraw it or whether I was just having another senior Moment :lmao:.

Thanks! That helps. :)

Okay, time to tackle this behemoth. I gave up caffeine a long time ago but I’m thinking I may need a bit today. :lol: Be back *soon*.... :coffee:

EDIT: I made my own version of a "sipping chocolate"... a power-packed antioxidant mixture of almond milk, cacao (proun "CUH-cow" - not to be confused with cocoa), maca, chaga mushroom, turmeric, cinnamon, a dash of cayenne and sweetened with maple syrup.

Last edited:
Okay, time to tackle this behemoth. I gave up caffeine a long time ago but I’m thinking I may need a bit today. :lol: Be back *soon*.... :coffee:

EDIT: I made my own version of a "sipping chocolate"... a power-packed antioxidant mixture of almond milk, cacao (proun "CUH-cow" - not to be confused with cocoa), maca, chaga mushroom, turmeric, cinnamon, a dash of cayenne and sweetened with maple syrup.
Coffee, schmoffee. Break out the wine.

I was able to "narrow it down" :rolleyes: to 28 images. :barf: :sigh:

I'm not normally a *numbers person* but here are some stats categorizing the many finalists - I love all of these images:

Most images:
FundyBrian (7)
deepop David (4)
rizole (4)

Most lines:
ImageArt Ann (Kew Gardens)
JillyG (Kew Lines)
GroovyGouvy (Many Lines)
Jef (Maybe my photo with the most lines)

Most Creative Interpretation of Theme:
FundyBrian (Light Rays Broken into Colour Spectrum)
JillyG (Fish In' Line)
rizole (Headline & Blue)
deepop David (Fall Lines)
FundyBrian (Time Lines)

Most Beautiful Nature Themes
JillyG (Pond Lines)
deepop David (Radial Lines)
ImageArt Ann (Moment Macro)
FundyBrian (Meandering Line & Waterside Beach)

Great Shadows
Starzee (Erie Canal Museum)
Photojem June (Lines)

Fab Industrial Themes
sinnerjohn (Crossed Lines)
deepop David (Industrial Lines)

Image & Title I Wish I'd Made
rizole (What a Mesh)

Notable Mentions
terse Ted (Shadow Lines, because HODGE :mobibabe: & Diverging Curves)
Glenton Rodolfo (行 Xíng - a beautiful work of art!)
MotownLarry (Lines to Hang Onto - great capture!)
GroovyGouvy (Outline - perfect capture of theme + street shot)
FundyBrian (Outlines - that pop of orange is everything... I think it might be even better sans the comic style edit & Round Barn Rafters)

Now for the winner.... It came down to two images, and the choice was sooooooooo hard to make - I love them equally. :inlove: They're both moody, fantastic shadows, great compositions, and they both speak to me. After staring at them for awhile o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O I chose:

deepop David's Alley I. Congrats David!! Just love everything about this image. :inlove:

Deepop Alley I.jpeg

In a neck-and-neck close second (really I would have made this a tie except choosing themes and winners becomes convoluted):

rizole The Wavy Steps - the perfect use of light, shadows, mood, composition. Brilliant. :inlove:

rizole the wavy steps.jpeg

AMAZING week of images, y'all!!!! :notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy: :inlove:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom