MobiColour RESULT: MC #170 Theme: Parks &/or Recreation - April 29-May 5, 2019

Gone fishin, Sony Xperia
DSC_2072.jpg

Jumping a gap at Tinker Cliffs, Appalachian Trail, VA
View attachment 144858
Snapseed, MaxCurve, Hipstamatic
Those massive rocks look so familiar. I remember hiking in an area just like this quite a few years ago and there large man-made holes in them made by Native American Indians. It was also where I saw the biggest tadpoles that I have ever seen in my life. Huge does not even begin to describe it. Could it be the same place?

Those massive rocks look so familiar. I remember hiking in an area just like this quite a few years ago and there large man-made holes in them made by Native American Indians. It was also where I saw the biggest tadpoles that I have ever seen in my life. Huge does not even begin to describe it. Could it be the same place?
Hmmm... for sure Native American history here and a few smaller caves were seen from the trail. I’d have to check out more of the history. There is a large reservoir nearby but we weren’t close to it to have seen what’s living in it...

Hmmm... for sure Native American history here and a few smaller caves were seen from the trail. I’d have to check out more of the history. There is a large reservoir nearby but we weren’t close to it to have seen what’s living in it...
The holes were in the flat rocks and were something to do with cooking or food storage - I wish I’d paid more attention.

BD5EEA9B-5FED-4A0F-B0A0-D02CC018D67B.jpeg

The missing bridge, Natural Bridges State Beach
Moment cam, Photos

There were originally three linked natural bridges here. The outer one collapsed in the early 20th century. The inner one, which would have filled the gap here, collapsed in 1980. The middle one still stands, for now.

Back
Top Bottom