Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #43!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

No theme this week - go wild!! :D

The judge for this challenge is rizole!

Last edited:
While we're waiting.

IMG_2432.jpg

View attachment 84801always up for a challenge JillyG about as colourful as my day gets. LGg4 snapseed.

[thanks providence it wasn't his err, socks]...
Looks pretty colourful to me, John.

Last time I was in England I stared out the window for hours, fascinated by the dark at 3pm, the ice on the tree branches, the tiny flecks of snow in the dark sky. Thousand + year old buildings; train (Tube) stations with no rubbish bins (garbage cans for the Americans) - this was in the early stages of post-9/11 'anti-terrorism' - take away the rubbish bins so terrorists can't put bombs in them, right? :thumbs:

British cabs (!) stopping at one of the London High streets and not wanting to get out because I've never seen a million people on a street corner before (I live in the world's most isolated city, pop'n just over 2.5 million, pop'n density 2.5/square mile).

London Eye, Millenium wossname, British pubs, young women wearing on London's winter streets what young women were wearing on Australia's summer streets (shivering, but lookin' good :lmao:), cobblestones,, mushy peas and baked beans with everything, red double-decker busses -- like our ImageArt Ann said the other day, and terse referred to a similar theme: about the ordinary and the visible.. Balzac said something about that, too - you can't write about a culture from its centre, you have to be on the edges to see it as a whole. Family systems theory says something similar about families -- if you (the therapist) want to know about a family, ask the 'black sheep'.

I'm going to consult with Dr Gilbert JillyG about another possible prescription: take ten photos of ordinary stuff in your immediate environment using one of the glitche-ey cameras (e.g. Painted Cam as per mine above, Photo Booth, multitudes of others I can't think of right now) and see what looks different & how. In fact, I think that would be an excellent theme for either MC or LoA... :appsir:

you can't write about a culture from its centre, you have to be on the edges to see it as a whole.
and that, is very true
In fact, I think that would be an excellent theme for either MC or LoA... :appsir:
totally agree, what a great idea
I like what that app has done, can you edit with it or is it just for shooting ?

View attachment 84801always up for a challenge JillyG about as colourful as my day gets. LGg4 snapseed.
John, I could kiss you. Mwaah! There, consider that one full on the lips. :lmao: You're marvellous for not just saying "No, I'm too busy" or "I can't be bothered". I love this image even more because you took it especially.

Last edited:
and that, is very true

totally agree, what a great idea
I like what that app has done, can you edit with it or is it just for shooting ?

Shoot and save. Seven options, I think - I like two or three - and a random option. Bit clunky and imprecise - you'd be lucky to catch a particular movement or moment - but I like it for its happy accidents and its defamiliarising thingie.
Pretty old in app years, too, I think. One of my first arty apps. Must go check its last update.

Back
Top Bottom