MobiColour RESULT: MC #43 No Theme - Nov 21-27

Free for all! Cool!
Here's going home in colour. No processing ( although I did heal an offending window ) so colour is as the camera took it.View attachment 84804
WOW! I LOVE this in colour. In black and white I didn't notice the torch light, but now ... Rizole, have you been snooping on the neighbours from your bedroom window?;):sneaky:

And in the spirit of taking picture of something around me right now, a colleagues top and post it notes.
IMG_20161121_133908-01.jpeg
IMG_20161121_133820.jpg

WHOO HOO! We can go wild. I feel like I've been let out of school early. I'm skipping and clapping (this could end in tears).:D

Yes, clear the furniture, stand back and don your tinfoil hats, folks - this instruction is likely to be quite disorienting for our habitually staid, placid, refined and thoroughly civilised Jilly o_O

[thanks providence it wasn't his err, socks]I'm going to consult with Dr Gilbert JillyG about another possible prescription: take ten photos of ordinary stuff in your immediate environment using one of the glitche-ey cameras (e.g. Painted Cam as per mine above, Photo Booth, multitudes of others I can't think of right now) and see what looks different & how. In fact, I think that would be an excellent theme for either MC or LoA... :appsir:
I participated in a one-day challenge where you took a photo every hour... it didn't have to be an exciting or earth shattering story - just an image of what was going on in that moment. It was really fun and made you look at your everyday life in a different way.

[thanks providence it wasn't his err, socks]...
Looks pretty colourful to me, John.

Last time I was in England I stared out the window for hours, fascinated by the dark at 3pm, the ice on the tree branches, the tiny flecks of snow in the dark sky. Thousand + year old buildings; train (Tube) stations with no rubbish bins (garbage cans for the Americans) - this was in the early stages of post-9/11 'anti-terrorism' - take away the rubbish bins so terrorists can't put bombs in them, right? :thumbs:

British cabs (!) stopping at one of the London High streets and not wanting to get out because I've never seen a million people on a street corner before (I live in the world's most isolated city, pop'n just over 2.5 million, pop'n density 2.5/square mile).

London Eye, Millenium wossname, British pubs, young women wearing on London's winter streets what young women were wearing on Australia's summer streets (shivering, but lookin' good :lmao:), cobblestones,, mushy peas and baked beans with everything, red double-decker busses -- like our ImageArt Ann said the other day, and terse referred to a similar theme: about the ordinary and the visible.. Balzac said something about that, too - you can't write about a culture from its centre, you have to be on the edges to see it as a whole. Family systems theory says something similar about families -- if you (the therapist) want to know about a family, ask the 'black sheep'.

I'm going to consult with Dr Gilbert JillyG about another possible prescription: take ten photos of ordinary stuff in your immediate environment using one of the glitche-ey cameras (e.g. Painted Cam as per mine above, Photo Booth, multitudes of others I can't think of right now) and see what looks different & how. In fact, I think that would be an excellent theme for either MC or LoA... :appsir:
Another spooky moment. I was thinking, after challenging John this morning, that we should have a challenge where we have to take our everyday surroundings and make them interesting. :thumbs: We are simpatico or at the very least, linked telekinetically, or summat.

WOW! I LOVE this in colour. In black and white I didn't notice the torch light, but now ... Rizole, have you been snooping on the neighbours from your bedroom window?;):sneaky:
You can't proove anything, no one saw me and in fact, I wasn't even there.

I can vouch for that, Jilly - I wasn't there, too.

Shoot and save. Seven options, I think - I like two or three - and a random option. Bit clunky and imprecise - you'd be lucky to catch a particular movement or moment - but I like it for its happy accidents and its defamiliarising thingie.
Pretty old in app years, too, I think. One of my first arty apps. Must go check its last update.
Shame (I'm a little peculiar) go on, go on feel free, in that I shoot on Android and edit on iPad, so that app in particular wouldn't benefit me. I'll have to look for a similar app that can either edit or works on Android.

Back
Top Bottom