MobiColour RESULT: MC #52 No Theme - January 23-29, 2017

Coffee's all gone ( served up in a new mug purchased on my foray into Vermont yesterday) and I've re-viewed all the entries.
This week's winner is rizole's Weekend in Hull. The turbine is incredible, from the detail of the foreground hex nuts to the tapering end that looks like a vacuum hoovering out the ?Punch Hotel to the seagulls resting on top. The whole thing calls up a Monty Pythonesque cut-out dropped into Hull. Rizole also gets credit for his oeuvre including the 2 cows who seem to be channeling EAT MOR CHIKIN (I don't know if this flies outside the U.S.) and the wonderful portrait of his son.)

In second is mizzicato's Backlit Fern Leaf with its great contrast of colors and diagonal lines

Final place on the podium goes to terse for his whimsical Oh,Well, which really needs a Gary Larson caption and his whimsically titled "Time to plant bulbs" with its beautiful framing and detail.

Kudos to all MobiColourists - anther great week.
Well done David, an awesome job in the face of much adversity (this being the quality & quantity of excellent iMages!)... :notworthy:

Congratulations rizole on a superb (series of) first place iMage sir... :thumbs:

And a big shout out to the iMages of the runners up in mizzicato & terse, a wonderful supporting cast... :D

Overall another excellent week of brilliant and colourful iMagery to adorn the pages of MobiTog,great wrok everyone and thank you to all of our participants in this MobiChallenge... :inlove:

Coffee's all gone ( served up in a new mug purchased on my foray into Vermont yesterday) and I've re-viewed all the entries.
This week's winner is rizole's Weekend in Hull. The turbine is incredible, from the detail of the foreground hex nuts to the tapering end that looks like a vacuum hoovering out the ?Punch Hotel to the seagulls resting on top. The whole thing calls up a Monty Pythonesque cut-out dropped into Hull. Rizole also gets credit for his oeuvre including the 2 cows who seem to be channeling EAT MOR CHIKIN (I don't know if this flies outside the U.S.) and the wonderful portrait of his son.)
View attachment 87994

View attachment 87991
View attachment 87992

In second is mizzicato's Backlit Fern Leaf with its great contrast of colors and diagonal lines
View attachment 87993

Final place on the podium goes to terse for his whimsical Oh,Well, which really needs a Gary Larson caption and his whimsically titled "Time to plant bulbs" with its beautiful framing and detail.
View attachment 87989
View attachment 87990

Kudos to all MobiColourists - anther great week.
Good choice deepop for choosing the winners How many cups of javas did you take to stay up choosing the winners
Thank you for a job beautifully done
Congratulations rizole being winner really love your posts and edits and the steps and reasons behind your images
Congratulations to mizzicato and terse for being 2nd and 3rd
To all Mobi participants good and colourfull week

Wow, this thread really has it all: wit, wisdom & great art :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: (Tho how y'all are managing to maintain these standards in my absence bothers baffles me :confused:)
Thanks to all & congrats to David for another excellent wrap-up and to winners for ditto colour work. (Rizole that turbine shot is insanely good - hate to break it to you but I think that oeuvre is here to stay)

Wow, this thread really has it all: wit, wisdom & great art :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: (Tho how y'all are managing to maintain these standards in my absence bothers baffles me :confused:)
Thanks to all & congrats to David for another excellent wrap-up and to winners for ditto colour work. (Rizole that turbine shot is insanely good - hate to break it to you but I think that oeuvre is here to stay)
We've had to go back and read your old posts - that's how we try to cope when you're not here.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom