MobiColour RESULT: MC #52 No Theme - January 23-29, 2017

It is, but you want to be careful with that stuff or soon you'll be inundated with gluten-free vegan beer and artisanily curated smart beer.

Right, that coffee roaster has been mentioned one too many times for me not to ask - Ted, do you have your own coffee roaster?:)

Not exactly my personal roaster. I go by to help them when their computers act up. In return they give me bags of coffee whenever I want. It's been a good deal all around so far. http://www.altaorganiccoffee.com

I find computer support is best fueled by coffee. Although fueling it with alcohol can be somewhat risky it can also be a more thrilling ride.

So the answer really is yes, you do have your own coffee roaster and you also have people that work it for you. Marvellous.

For the users, certainly.:D

Brilliant repartee. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Coffee's all gone ( served up in a new mug purchased on my foray into Vermont yesterday) and I've re-viewed all the entries.
This week's winner is rizole's Weekend in Hull. The turbine is incredible, from the detail of the foreground hex nuts to the tapering end that looks like a vacuum hoovering out the ?Punch Hotel to the seagulls resting on top. The whole thing calls up a Monty Pythonesque cut-out dropped into Hull. Rizole also gets credit for his oeuvre including the 2 cows who seem to be channeling EAT MOR CHIKIN (I don't know if this flies outside the U.S.) and the wonderful portrait of his son.)
tmp_23903-IMG_20170128_140138663_HDR-01-769558920.jpeg

IMAG1193_1.jpg

DSC_3679-01.jpeg

In second is mizzicato's Backlit Fern Leaf with its great contrast of colors and diagonal lines
IMG_3233.JPG

Final place on the podium goes to terse for his whimsical Oh,Well, which really needs a Gary Larson caption and his whimsically titled "Time to plant bulbs" with its beautiful framing and detail.
IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

Kudos to all MobiColourists - anther great week.

Coffee's all gone ( served up in a new mug purchased on my foray into Vermont yesterday) and I've re-viewed all the entries.
This week's winner is rizole's Weekend in Hull. The turbine is incredible, from the detail of the foreground hex nuts to the tapering end that looks like a vacuum hoovering out the ?Punch Hotel to the seagulls resting on top. The whole thing calls up a Monty Pythonesque cut-out dropped into Hull. Rizole also gets credit for his oeuvre including the 2 cows who seem to be channeling EAT MOR CHIKIN (I don't know if this flies outside the U.S.) and the wonderful portrait of his son.)
View attachment 87994

View attachment 87991
View attachment 87992

In second is mizzicato's Backlit Fern Leaf with its great contrast of colors and diagonal lines
View attachment 87993

Final place on the podium goes to terse for his whimsical Oh,Well, which really needs a Gary Larson caption and his whimsically titled "Time to plant bulbs" with its beautiful framing and detail.
View attachment 87989
View attachment 87990

Kudos to all MobiColourists - anther great week.
Great judging David. Well done Rizole - who knew you had an oeuvre?:eek: Those were all great images, but I'm with David, that turbine is just madcap zany. Only in Hull.:lol: Congrats to Milica and Ted - Milica for that lovely leaf and Ted for his whimsy.:D

Last edited:
Well-deserved win, rizole, for managing to capture the size AND weight of that humungous blade with such clarity. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: And congrats mizzicato for that lovely almost-abstract.

Thanks for the mention, David, and you're right -- my cow pic needs a Gary Larson caption. Hmm... "Norman began to suspect someone had spiked his coffee."
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great judging David. Well done Rizole - who knew you had an oeuvre?:eek: Those were all great images, but I'm with David, that turbine is just madcap zany. Only in Hull.:lol: Congrats to Milica and Ted - Milica for that lovely leaf and Ted for his whimsy.:D

Exactly what Jilly said. I can only underline every word. [emoji4][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom