MobiColour RESULT: MC #57 Theme: What is it? Feb 27-Mar 5

Aha! Is that what it is? It seems to be wooden, hollow, about 4", 10cm, diameter. It is too unevenly textured to roll smoothly on a hard surface. The hand carved texture is different in each quadrant. Where the dark bands cross there is a raised fleur de lis design which would make rolling bumpy. I'm not sure if it would bounce or crack if dropped. It's not heavy enough to have momentum if rolled like a lawn bowling ball. I would suspect the fleur de lis indicates a French connection.

I had to look up bocce ball. I had never heard of it but it looks sort of like lawn bowling. Would a bocce ball be hollow?

No that doesn't sound like a bocce ball... they are solid and heavy. I'm thinking it's just a decorative object...

Ah! We're getting closer! Probably a ball of French princess. Like the golden one of the princess in the fairytale of the frog prince (der Froschkönig in German). Or a poorer relative?
Or it's just a wooden hand carved Christmas ornament for the tree. [emoji15]

It would have to be a sturdy branch :). Also, there is no indication it ever had a hanger attached. There's no holes in it.

Looks like some sort of property corner marker or a survey marker.
That's what I'd always thought, but some guys doing a re-survey last year told me that the actual corner marker is about 15-20 feet away, so it's probably just a very permanent no trespassing sign. The writing is pretty corroded, but you can still make out No Hunting and No Shooting, plus a third line that looks like either No Wi-Fi or possibly No Sci-Fi.

27496754690_f364fbcb8f_o.jpg

That's what I'd always thought, but some guys doing a re-survey last year told me that the actual corner marker is about 15-20 feet away, so it's probably just a very permanent no trespassing sign. The writing is pretty corroded, but you can still make out No Hunting and No Shooting, plus a third line that looks like either No Wi-Fi or possibly No Sci-Fi.

[emoji23][emoji106]
Looked closer, there are more lines! I can make out NoFI (-> No FIRE),
No Shrubs
or pants [emoji15][emoji50][emoji33]
Does that make sense in your mother tongue? [emoji50]

So it must be bigger than I thought. 8-10" maybe? Now we have those plain orange disks with no writing to indicate no hunting.

So it must be bigger than I thought. 8-10" maybe? Now we have those plain orange disks with no writing to indicate no hunting.
Yes, it's 12" at least, and dished like a hubcap. There are others in the area also. Another odd thing is that the hole in the center where the spike goes through is square, not round. I've wondered if these were repurposed leftovers from something, but I have no idea what.

What a FUN week this was! Loved the theme, and I think it's even inspired FundyBrian to ressurect an old thread with a similar theme. :D

Unfortunately for deepop David, it's time to choose the winner(s)! Grab your coffee, take your time, and I look forward to seeing the results!

As always, it's hard to pin myself down to one favorite to rule them all. After looking, and looking...and looking I found myself coming back to one that I initially didn't spend too much time with and that one is rizole's Snapseed, Pixlr & Moto G2, which reminds me of the Star Child from 2001 looking over the universe(albeit a much less anthropocentric version than Kubrick came up with).
IMG_20170204_125340322-01.jpeg

(As an aside I also liked Moto G2. Snapseed and toolwizIMG_20170121_193432377-01_1485028160954_1485469614394-01.jpeg and Rizole never enlightened us to either mystery.)

Second place is a tie between GroovyGouvy's pomelo seeds
IMG_9544.JPG

And sinnerjohn's beauty
27496754690_f364fbcb8f_o.jpg

I love the color and form in both.

Third place goes to the Magritte-like creation of FundyBrian. Everything about it is wonderful - the colors, textures, composition
IMG_0749.JPG

Thanks to everyone for a wonderfully diverse week.

Attachments

• IMG_9544.JPG
    IMG_9544.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 18
[QUOTE="deepop, post: 319931, member: 6265"rizole's Snapseed, Pixlr & Moto G2, which reminds me of the Star Child from 2001 looking over the universe(albeit a much less anthropocentric version than Kubrick came up with).
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. :notworthy:
(As an aside I also liked Moto G2. Snapseed and toolwizView attachment 90062 and Rizole never enlightened us to either mystery.)
That last one is a wine making barrel. I'd siphoned of the good stuff, put it on it's side and shone a blue LED torch through the wall of it. A cheep wine kit from Wilkinsons (for those of you that know what that is), tasted cheep too, I wont get one of those again.

The first one is my breakfast from above. That's bacon with ketchup, bean juice and egg yolk on it. The bit that looks like an ear is a baked bean.
IMG_20170204_125340322.jpg

Well done David!

Congratulations on the win rizole!!! [emoji471] (and perhaps you'll reveal the truth about your images? Or are you making us guess? [emoji848]) Looking forward to hearing what you choose as this week's theme. [emoji1360]

Yay!! to GroovyGouvy and sinnerjohn on your 2nd place wins, and to FundyBrian on your 3rd!! [emoji1373] Such a beautiful and diverse set of images.

The new MobiColor is ready and waiting ---------> https://www.mobitog.com/threads/new-mc-58-theme-tbd-march-6-12.22465/

Back
Top Bottom