MobiColour RESULT: MC #57 Theme: What is it? Feb 27-Mar 5

Nope, revealed the original just some posts before: It is pomelo seeds (approx a square millimetre each) inside a pomelo (macro lens added) and a bit coloured in snapseed's curves.

This is what happens when time differences collide with El Niño, Gouvy :mobibabe: I'm still guessing posts from days back. Besides, what's a pomelo?

This is what happens when time differences collide with El Niño, Gouvy :mobibabe: I'm still guessing posts from days back. Besides, what's a pomelo?

A huge grape fruit, with wonderful taste imported mostly from China.

Edit: I think it was the one in front left I picked and opened at home for the shots of the insight.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Who cares? It makes a glorious photograph!
(I was hoping to see some of your 'guess what's in here, Brian!)
Well, I did superimpose it on the background. Better than a plain white scoop.
I discovered this thread a bit late in the game. Busy with other things. This looks like a resurrection of my old What's it? thread. That was fun. I'll have to go and look it up.

Treasured antique bocce ball from some particular Italian hill town?

Aha! Is that what it is? It seems to be wooden, hollow, about 4", 10cm, diameter. It is too unevenly textured to roll smoothly on a hard surface. The hand carved texture is different in each quadrant. Where the dark bands cross there is a raised fleur de lis design which would make rolling bumpy. I'm not sure if it would bounce or crack if dropped. It's not heavy enough to have momentum if rolled like a lawn bowling ball. I would suspect the fleur de lis indicates a French connection.

Well, I did superimpose it on the background. Better than a plain white scoop.
I discovered this thread a bit late in the game. Busy with other things. This looks like a resurrection of my old What's it? thread. That was fun. I'll have to go and look it up.

Yes! That should be resurrected!

Aha! Is that what it is? It seems to be wooden, hollow, about 4", 10cm, diameter. It is too unevenly textured to roll smoothly on a hard surface. The hand carved texture is different in each quadrant. Where the dark bands cross there is a raised fleur de lis design which would make rolling bumpy. I'm not sure if it would bounce or crack if dropped. It's not heavy enough to have momentum if rolled like a lawn bowling ball. I would suspect the fleur de lis indicates a French connection.

Ah! We're getting closer! Probably a ball of French princess. Like the golden one of the princess in the fairytale of the frog prince (der Froschkönig in German). Or a poorer relative?
Or it's just a wooden hand carved Christmas ornament for the tree. [emoji15]

I had to look up bocce ball. I had never heard of it but it looks sort of like lawn bowling. Would a bocce ball be hollow?

Bocce balls aren't hollow. My dad had a set that we broke out at family reunions. I have vague memories if how it's played, but there are 2 courts(?) near here where they have competitions. So the game is alive and well!

Back
Top Bottom