MobiColour RESULT: MC #89 Theme: Close Ups - Oct 9-15

Close but no cigar

Snapseed.jpg

Just to lower the tone a bit after all this heart-stoppingly beautiful work :alien:

MC #89 Close-up Photography

I had a great time reviewing all the wonderful close-up photos from MC #89. So many excellent images! Close-up photos invite us to explore the amazing small details revealed in the photo that your eyes alone can hardly see in real life. Being able to see the details, then, was a significant part of my examination of the images. Making close-up photos with a smartphone seems quite easy but 2 things make it difficult. The wide ƒ1.8 aperture causes depth of field to be very limited and even a small movement of the camera can leave the image out of focus. Also, in bright light it isn’t easy to see the screen well enough to be sure the right part of the subject is in focus and a common error is to move in just a bit closer than the lens can focus. Rizole and Terse each had 4 photos in my top 11 with the focus in just the right place. I still considered all the usual image quality topics but I’m always on the lookout for a photo that has something in addition to the literal subject matter. I also enjoyed the great range of creative interpretation in the images.

Deepop takes top spot for his photo of the cactus bearing hearts and spears, which immediately led me to imagine all sorts of things in relation to matters of the heart. Well done David! I guess it is up to deepop to select the theme for MC #90.
deepop-4.jpg

Expressing Sharp & Soft at the same time is a difficult task but Rizole’s “Something Fluffy” does it beautifully.
rizole-1.jpg

Best Detail & Texture is to be found in the Sundial photo by Terse. Have a close look at the beautiful sharp details and texture in this image. In this case the sundial is also expressing the time of year.
terse-6.jpg

A Wealth of Rich Tones and smooth tonality is exemplified by the Geranium photo by Terse. Focused in just the right spot.
terse-8.jpg

Most Humorous Photo goes to GroovyGouvy for her inquisitive squirrel.
GroovyGouvy-8.jpg

A heartfelt Well Done! goes out to everyone else who participated in MC #89.

I really liked that one, too. Made me smile every time I looked at it.

Well done everyone and thanks for the placing.
Your squirrel was my fav GroovyGouvy :)

Yes, I have to put on the wall. Makes me smile all the time, too.
And by the way with this one I found a bug in ios10.3.3 I've never realised before: Hipstamatic took it upright though it was horizontal. So I turned it in camRoll to landscape and it was half the pixel size (according to viewExif) turning it back got all the pixels back. Tried it with other pictures, too, same result. But if turn a landscape to portrait all the pixels are there.
Anyone else with this problem? It was only on my 6s+. The iPod behaves absolutely normal. [emoji15]

MC #89 Close-up Photography

I had a great time reviewing all the wonderful close-up photos from MC #89. So many excellent images! Close-up photos invite us to explore the amazing small details revealed in the photo that your eyes alone can hardly see in real life. Being able to see the details, then, was a significant part of my examination of the images. Making close-up photos with a smartphone seems quite easy but 2 things make it difficult. The wide ƒ1.8 aperture causes depth of field to be very limited and even a small movement of the camera can leave the image out of focus. Also, in bright light it isn’t easy to see the screen well enough to be sure the right part of the subject is in focus and a common error is to move in just a bit closer than the lens can focus. Rizole and Terse each had 4 photos in my top 11 with the focus in just the right place. I still considered all the usual image quality topics but I’m always on the lookout for a photo that has something in addition to the literal subject matter. I also enjoyed the great range of creative interpretation in the images.

Deepop takes top spot for his photo of the cactus bearing hearts and spears, which immediately led me to imagine all sorts of things in relation to matters of the heart. Well done David! I guess it is up to deepop to select the theme for MC #90.
View attachment 100536

Expressing Sharp & Soft at the same time is a difficult task but Rizole’s “Something Fluffy” does it beautifully.
View attachment 100537

Best Detail & Texture is to be found in the Sundial photo by Terse. Have a close look at the beautiful sharp details and texture in this image. In this case the sundial is also expressing the time of year.
View attachment 100538

A Wealth of Rich Tones and smooth tonality is exemplified by the Geranium photo by Terse. Focused in just the right spot.
View attachment 100539

Most Humorous Photo goes to GroovyGouvy for her inquisitive squirrel.
View attachment 100540

A heartfelt Well Done! goes out to everyone else who participated in MC #89.
Wonderful choices, Brian. Well done, deepop, rizole, terse and GroovyGouvy. All fab pics.

Back
Top Bottom