Beautiful!
Saw and smelled them for the first time last weekend. Now I need to plant some!!
Lovelovelove wisteria. And we have a nice native wisteria here as well - but the heavy lilac blossom of the English version is just to die for.

Okay MobiColorAddicts.... this week has ended and it's time for the winner to be announced!! :D

zenjenny will be sequestered in her MobiCell until further notice..... :whistle: :lol:

Since I arrived too late to set a theme (which I really really wanted to do), I've looked at all these gorgeous images with nothing but 'colour' in mind:

3. sinnerjohn John: 'The 70's': the crop just lifts that palette *up* from the (oh so seventies) green-yellow up up up through increasing light until it's liberated through that skylight. I could go on about parallel change & movement in the lines and curves but just for the clever work with colour (and making :barf: 70s greens beautiful): :thumbs: :notworthy: :)

image.jpeg

2. deepop David: 'Something's missing': big bold clean lines and shapes, just enough difference (the wall light) to make the colour just smack you right in the face, and the title that points to the tiny absence of colour that starts the whole process over again. Clever and beautiful. :) :notworthy: :)

image.jpeg

1. terse Ted: 'Tribal': I can't do better than others' comments. Beautiful, intense, quiet - perfect wash of negative space, brilliant choice of complex but not complicated pattern/texture for blend that makes that primary/tribal point with a very delicate touch. 'Happy accident' be damned: you need the eyes to see and the hand to shape. :inlove: :) :notworthy:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the honor of being placed with these other amazing photos. "Tribal" is literally entrancing- I have difficulty pulling my eyes away from it. Likewise with John's pic - I always start looking at all the detail on the floor but my eyes are always pulled upward to the uplift of the arches and ceiling. Thanks for articulating thoughts that for me are usually only very vaguely formed

Woo hoo many thanks zenjenny for my placement !
I use a LGg4 which has a very nice camera but takes it max resolution at 16:9, which isn't always what you need, but in this picture (taken last Friday, not in the 70's!!) it seemed to work with the height of the newly re-furbished Birmingham New Street Station. Well done Ted and David and all who took part :thumbs:
Just realised I came 3rd in b/w and colour this week, how cool is that !!

Back
Top Bottom