MobiColour RESULT: Mobicolour Challenge #314 Theme: Nature reclaiming the built environment ….Ends April 16

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
B611C701-E0C0-4990-87CB-A41DE39DC29E.jpeg

Welcome to MCC #314
MCC Rules:
Mobile photography colour images
Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted
HERE
Judge: rizole Sam
Theme: Nature reclaiming the built environment

Last edited by a moderator:
How about nature reclaiming the built environment?
I think I saw that as a theme somewhere else and liked it. Don't think it was here...if it was then let's go themeless.
Here's me stopping the lawn reclaiming the footpath, for instance.
IMG_20230402_121636.jpg

How about nature reclaiming the built environment?
I think I saw that as a theme somewhere else and liked it. Don't think it was here...if it was then let's go themeless.
Here's me stopping the lawn reclaiming the footpath, for instance.
View attachment 191386
Cool theme - I’m quite sure we’ve never done this one before.

I don’t seem to remember that here. Reclaimed by Nature work?

Looks like nature has plans for the house next.
I wonder what the home insurance rates for that place are.
The land slide has risen the water on the other side and the stone walkway at the side of the church is now submerged making the church wall the new river Bank. You can see an inscription on the flag stone at the bottom right. They used old grave stones to make paths around the church.
IMG_20230403_163209-01.jpeg

IPhone 14 Pro Max, then edited in Lightroom mobile think I need to relearn LR all over again but for mobile.

Taking Over by Rohan, on Flickr
I’m taking it that the building is boarded up, but it’s still a cool window treatment. :lmao: Up north that style of overlapping knotty wood is called Adirondack Siding.

I’m taking it that the building is boarded up, but it’s still a cool window treatment. :lmao: Up north that style of overlapping knotty wood is called Adirondack Siding.

Hi Star it is someones back garden fence, as the houses across the road from our flats back out towards us via their back gardens.

IMG_4704.jpeg

The remains of the SS Palo Alto, a ferrocement tanker built at the end of WWI, too late to serve. It was mothballed and then in 1929 intentionally grounded off Seacliff beach near Santa Cruz to become part of a "pleasure pier" complex. Its life in entertainment lasted two years, then the company went bankrupt and the ship was damaged in winter storms. The ship and its attached pier were a fishing spot for many years until accumulated damage made it necessary to close off the ship. Further storms over the years broke up the ship, until the storms of this past winter finished off both the ship and its pier (which has now been torn down).

View attachment 191459

The remains of the SS Palo Alto, a ferrocement tanker built at the end of WWI, too late to serve. It was mothballed and then in 1929 intentionally grounded off Seacliff beach near Santa Cruz to become part of a "pleasure pier" complex. Its life in entertainment lasted two years, then the company went bankrupt and the ship was damaged in winter storms. The ship and its attached pier were a fishing spot for many years until accumulated damage made it necessary to close off the ship. Further storms over the years broke up the ship, until the storms of this past winter finished off both the ship and its pier (which has now been torn down).
It was probably a good time when it was a functional entertainment center.

It was probably a good time when it was a functional entertainment center.
So far, I haven't seen any writings from people who were there at the time, which is a bit odd since there are plenty of local history buffs in the area. But 1929 was not a great year to be starting a new venture.

So far, I haven't seen any writings from people who were there at the time, which is a bit odd since there are plenty of local history buffs in the area. But 1929 was not a great year to be starting a new venture.
No, it probably wasn‘t. Too bad. Sounds like a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom