Spider Up Close

chimera

MobiFan
Taken on an iPhone 6 with and Amir macro lens. Freaky!
cd5e02eab6a1604977279324a5207317.jpg
d196069e014991deb4c9e1d6ef8dbead.jpg
cd5e02eab6a1604977279324a5207317.jpg

It's actually a very large garden spider, nearly the size of a quarter. A female sitting on a giant egg sack.
That looks to be a magnificent egg sack she has there too... :D

Always a great client, as they don't tend to move much at all when they are guarding their eggs and I would guess at a female doing the job too, which may tend to be somewhat larger than the male... :rog:

It's actually a very large garden spider, nearly the size of a quarter. A female sitting on a giant egg sack.

Oh, I had those in my garden. [emoji4][emoji887][emoji888] Some wonderful webs too. I don't mind them outside (as long as I know where they are...no surprises) It's if they were to come inside that's scary.... [emoji15]

The Creator and I have a deal...critters outside live a long life and I assist them where possible. Critters that enter my home uninvited are committing "suicide by Ryn."

The Creator and I have a deal...critters outside live a long life and I assist them where possible. Critters that enter my home uninvited are committing "suicide by Ryn."

I totally agree!;)

I used to be that way, growing up... now I can't bear to kill anything and try to get them in a glass jar. Unless it's a roach/water bug which I fortunately only saw inside 2 times in the 15 years I had my garden. Those two got stomped (but I still felt kind of bad...) - one I trapped under a big metal bowl and had to get up the nerve to remove it and stomp (after putting on my trusty Doc Martens.) [emoji21] :barf:

Back
Top Bottom