Sunset 14th and 16th May

12Jul2013 Sunset
Have to laugh. I looked out at around 8:30 and didn't think there was going to be much of a sunset as at the time there were no clouds I could see. Karen was out for a walk with our next door neighbour and the dogs and got home just before 9 and was surprised I wasn't outside taking pics. She said it was real nice, so I grabbed the iPad and went out, she was right. It lasted only about 10 minutes so I took only a few, including two sets of bracketed shots.

Same as before, Pure Shot bracketed shots, Mobile HDR, Handy Photo to get rid of the light standard and a sign and a hydrant, and DynaLight HD's Orton
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373694080.420183.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373694091.850161.jpg

Have not played around with these images in FilterStorm yet, maybe over the weekend.

Karen took some pictures of the clouds this morning when she took the dog for a walk. Earlier I emailed them to myself but they still have not shown up, not sure why once in a while it takes a long time and other times it's almost instant. Will have to use the photo transfer app. Rain on and off all day, heavy rain for a few minutes mid afternoon that dumped a little over 3/4". A few minutes ago the sun was shining but looks more clouded over again. Will see what it looks like in a bit over an hr, could be a nice sunset again, just don't know for sure. But we do get lots of nice sunsets here. During the winter we don't have as many but then I'm not out looking when it gets -30 or colder :)

Karen took some pictures of the clouds this morning when she took the dog for a walk. Earlier I emailed them to myself but they still have not shown up, not sure why once in a while it takes a long time and other times it's almost instant. Will have to use the photo transfer app. Rain on and off all day, heavy rain for a few minutes mid afternoon that dumped a little over 3/4". A few minutes ago the sun was shining but looks more clouded over again. Will see what it looks like in a bit over an hr, could be a nice sunset again, just don't know for sure. But we do get lots of nice sunsets here. During the winter we don't have as many but then I'm not out looking when it gets -30 or colder :)
I don't blame you!! I wouldn't be outside in -30 degree weather either.

These are photos from Karen's iPhone that she took this morning. These are taken using the standard photo app and no editing outside of rotation.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373767152.595193.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373767170.718684.jpg

I am not sure what time in the morning but most likely 6:30-7:00 am

I am going to play around with these and see what comes of them but I like them naked too!

I don't blame you!! I wouldn't be outside in -30 degree weather either.
Yeah, not like I am going to set up the tripod and a lawn chair and sit for hour or so :) If I did people would really think I had lost it :D

13Jul2013 Sunset
Turn out to be rather a nice sunset though it didn't last long. The darker clouds were really fast moving but for a few minutes it was nice to look at. Quite cool tonight at 14c and still 60-70% humidity.

No edit or filters, straight 645 Pro II
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373773574.637843.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373773607.238102.jpg

Oggl, Tejas, Dixie and Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled, Jolly Rainbo
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373773699.688487.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373773751.408280.jpg

These are photos from Karen's iPhone that she took this morning. These are taken using the standard photo app and no editing outside of rotation.
View attachment 40113View attachment 40114

I am going to play around with these and see what comes of them but I like them naked too!
Great looking sky!! I like them just as they are, especially the second, but I look forward to seeing your edits as well.

Strange weather here today, hot and muggy again this afternoon, warnings for tornadoes and some were spotted south of us. Some rain and some sun. Tonight at 7:30 it was clear of any clouds but by 8:15 there were some different clouds south of us and a little for sunset.

South clouds, Panoramic from Photosynth
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373947614.573033.jpg

Sunset, Hipstamatic, Tejas, Xgrizzled, Jolly Rainbo
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373947686.204945.jpg

You know how you walk by a place time and again and never really see something :) well I had one of those moments tonight, I have walked past this place I don't know how many times and never saw it till tonight....
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373947883.674122.jpg

Hipstamatic, Lucifer, Kodot Xgrizzled, no flash
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1373947954.919835.jpg

Hipstamatic, Lucifer, C-Type Plate, no flash
I will get some more pics later

View attachment 40113View attachment 40114

Well, I finally did a little bit of playing around with the pictures Karen took.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374018150.381776.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374018272.697381.jpg

Photo FX Ultra, Dynalight HD using No More HDR, second picture is again DynaLight but Orton

While I like the over saturated look in Photo FX Ultra when I took that image into DynaLight it saturated it even more. I will continue playing with them both.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374018410.343845.jpg

Photo FX Ultra, DynaLight HD using Orton

Just go back from the reunion out by Moose Jaw. Close for us as it is under an hour drive. I have a lot of pictures that I have to sort through. The couple that are the hosts have a farm so there is lots of old bits laying around, by the house they have a stand of trees and in amongst the trees it is basically a garden park. Back in 2004 they built a rock garden with ponds along one side and a couple years ago they built one along the north end of the park, this year they built another raised garden behind their house. Don't know where they get the energy as he is 83 I think and she is 81, building rock beds that are 3' or so high is a lot of rock even in the latest 'small' bed. Apparently the rocks all come from an old barn foundation. Nothing left of the barn, Jim said that in one storm the roof caved in and he and neighbours rebuilt it, a few years later a twister wrecked the roof so he rebuilt it again. Third time a tornado basically took the whole wood structure away, they never did find it. This time they decided not to rebuild it. There is another barn that was built back around the same time and it has been falling down for more than a few years and I have some (lots) of pictures of it, most from last night. I went out to see if there was going to be a sunset and almost no clouds but the light on this old barn was fantastic so I spent a half hour or so taking pictures of it. I will probably start a new thread for some of the barn and stuff.

This year it was really quiet there, only about 50 people there for Saturday Supper. Still eat good and a bit surprised at how much. My son Steven did his ribs (12 full racks) and they all got eaten, they also had hamburger, wieners, smokies, a lot of salads etc. Sunday was quieter with about 25 people for brunch and today we were down to 12 for lunch. Tonight there is only one couple staying the night then they will head home. Great time despite about 2 hrs of rain Saturday evening and more over night. Tonight it looks like we are going to get more but will see.

Noise sunset before the rain.... On Sat night
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374541375.676042.jpg

Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled, Jolly Rainbo

Last nights, lot fewer clouds...
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374541483.754785.jpg

645 Pro II, red filter at 10%

I have some panoramic's as there was a glow with a little colour all they way around but panos don't suit being limited to what this form allows so I will see where I can park them and some of their garden park and post links.

Sounds like a nice time. I just recently attended a family reunion. It was nice to get reacquainted with folks I hadn't seen in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Karen's side of the family keeps in touch a lot better then my side. We have been going to their yearly reunion for many years. When Karen's dad was alive it was held at the family farm up by Outlook and they were generally every 2-3 years apart but not uncommon to have several hundred people there. After he passed away this couple started having them. They have three get together's every year, in April there is a small one for just the cousins at the hot springs in Moose Jaw. Then one (like this one) is always in July, mostly because for farmers there is less work happening out in the fields and is the largest. The third is the long weekend in Sept and is up in Outlook and is smaller, last year there were maybe ten families/couples.

All are always a good time.

I have tried for years to get a reunion for my side going but have zero interest. The only time I see anyone on my side is if we drive out to BC or wherever. I get tired of us doing it all the time! What really gets me is like our trip last year, we drove up to Beaverlodge in northern Alberta (about 1800 miles from home) and I have a cousin that lives maybe a 40 min drive from there and they couldn't make the time to come where we were so if I wanted to see them we had to drive over that way. As it was we had to go back there to get the highway to Jasper so we did stop and visit for an hour. With my side it always seems to be that way so a few years ago I stopped seeing some of them, then they get upset but tough!

Don't blame you. It gets a little tiresome when you're the only one making an effort. Bummer, for sure!

Forecast was for rain earlier but never came, then changed to thunderstorms. Around 7:30 the sky's opened and in the next 1/2 hr we got between 1/2 and 3/4" of rain. It was clearing behind the rain at about 8:15 and sun was starting to show and a big band of blue sky. Some clouds on the horizon. Not a bad sunset but again it was the clouds behind me that were great.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374642178.581954.jpg

645 Pro II red filter 10%

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374642225.172335.jpg

2 images from 645 Pro II, stitched in Stitch Pano and cropped in CropPhoto. Again I tried Photosynth but it kept messing up, not sure if I am not holding it vertical enough or what it's issue is sometimes but frustrating all the same. I did a pano in 360Cities and will upload it there and post a link once I am notified.

Forecast was for rain earlier but never came, then changed to thunderstorms. Around 7:30 the sky's opened and in the next 1/2 hr we got between 1/2 and 3/4" of rain. It was clearing behind the rain at about 8:15 and sun was starting to show and a big band of blue sky. Some clouds on the horizon. Not a bad sunset but again it was the clouds behind me that were great.

View attachment 40536

View attachment 40537
2 images from 645 Pro II, stitched in Stitch Pano and cropped in CropPhoto. Again I tried Photosynth but it kept messing up, not sure if I am not holding it vertical enough or what it's issue is sometimes but frustrating all the same. I did a pano in 360Cities and will upload it there and post a link once I am notified.

These are really coolLarry! I love the stitched pano. :)

View attachment 40536

View attachment 40537
Love the second image! That sky is gorgeous!!

Yes the second is much better then the first :) just the way it goes sometimes. I was looking west and Karen started yelling 'look behind you' :)
Glad I did!

Not much to tonight's sunset, just a bit of a glow before clouds covered it all over. Forecast was for rain again but we will see.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374724926.738306.jpg

LoMob 35mm SuperSlide 2

Not much of the way in new pics to post. Sky's here have been very clear the last few days at sunset. During the day it is a mix of sun and cloud but always seems to clear up. I tried taking pictures a few days ago where it was mostly very low whispy clouds and gorgeous orange colouring in the clouds but every last app I tried blew it all out. I could set exposure point wherever I wanted but it's still too bright :(

This is one of the many pictures I took. Taken in 645 Pro II. iColorfulSoft was on sale a few days ago so decided I would play around with it. Their version of hi res is still far to low for my likes at 1536x1145, their medium revs is 1024 max and low is 640. May be fine if I am going to post to that Instaplace but not sure at this point if I am going to bother keeping it. Reg price on this app is supposed to be $19.99 and you would think for that kind of money it would be max res the device puts out.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom