Sunset 14th and 16th May

Well tonight had a bit of a sunset, which after a few nights of no clouds made a nice change. Playing with 645 Pro II and the sunset, tobacco and plain red filters. One issue I had right off was the sunset and tobacco had to be set way higher then the red. Other issue is that both don't show in metadata, the percentage set shows and with the red it says red filter in metadata but both the tobacco and sunset don't.

image.jpg

This is the sunset filter at around 80%
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tobacco filter at the same setting
image.jpg

Red filter at 10%

image.jpg

Oggl, Tejas lens, Blanko Film

I have no idea why the first image was put in twice, it shows only once in the list if I edit the post....

Me three which is why I put it in here!
Had email back from Michael and he says next update will have the filter name used in metadata.

I actually prefer the Hipstamatic pictures over Oggle because I can use the flash effect.... And that has a tendency to give darker blues and brighter colours.
image.jpg

But my favourite from last night is an image taken using Pudding Camera, this was taken just after 9pm when the sun is down but if the clouds are right you get the almost painted effect. These are very similar to the clouds a few days ago where in every app I tried it was blown out. One that I didn't try then was this app but in future I'll have to remember...
image.jpg

Not a bad sunset tonight. Some very dark clouds were coming in so the sunset seemed to move to the north where there were lighter clouds and more blue sky :)

image.jpg

This was taken using Oggl, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled
This is shortly after I went outside at about 8:30pm

image.jpg

Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled, Jolly Rainbo

image.jpg

Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzle, Jolly Rainbo. This is around 9pm and more north then the others.

Not a bad sunset tonight. Some very dark clouds were coming in so the sunset seemed to move to the north where there were lighter clouds and more blue sky :)

View attachment 40949
This was taken using Oggl, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled
This is shortly after I went outside at about 8:30pm

View attachment 40950
Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzled, Jolly Rainbo

View attachment 40952
Hipstamatic, Tejas, Kodot Xgrizzle, Jolly Rainbo. This is around 9pm and more north then the others.
Another stuh-huh-ning set if sunset-scapes Larry! :)

Having a good day, great football game and a gorgeous sunset.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375505313.970800.jpg

645 Pro II, no filters at all

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375505364.539527.jpg

Leme Cam Pro, Bloody Mary. I tried Lomora Pro but wasn't impressed with it tonight so decided to try Leme Cam.

At one point I would have loved to have a real hemisphere camera, but would have like to have been out of the city so I could see more, colour was everywhere I looked! Unfortunately that does not last very long. Still pretty nice!

When I was growing up in Brooklyn NY, 8 years old 1949, I told my Dad I wanted a Duke Snider model baseball glove ( most expensive), he said to me " son ,it's not the glove that makes the player great". Simple camera app and no editing, very nice photos. Got the glove! I still haven't learned the lesson. I buy everything

Nature provides the artwork, I'm just out enjoying it!

You know, I am always looking for something better, that all elusive app that does everything well. I am a 'collector' or that's what my wife calls me, others refer to it as being an AppWhore :) in either case it's something I like and for a few hundred a year much cheaper then other vices.

3Aug2013 Sunset.
Well it looked like it was going to be a nice sunset so I drove just outside city limits. No bad but I've seen lots better. Got bored so was trying some of my other favourite combos and thought theses were the best of them.... :D

Hipstamatic, Kiamal Mark II, Alfred Infrared, Jolly Rainbo
image.jpg

Hipstamatic, Lucifer VI, Big Up, Jolly Rainbo
image.jpg

Hipstamatic, Jane, Robusta, Jolly Rainbo
image.jpg

9Aug2013

Not a bad sunset. Late getting out, good football game was/is on so I went out at half time. Have to start planning on being out earlier, missed probably the first 10 minutes or as.

image.jpg

645 Pro no filters E64 film

image.jpg

vividHDR, lively mode
I posted more taken with vividHDR in the apps review thread.

Nature provides the artwork, I'm just out enjoying it!

You know, I am always looking for something better, that all elusive app that does everything well. I am a 'collector' or that's what my wife calls me, others refer to it as being an AppWhore :) in either case it's something I like and for a few hundred a year much cheaper then other vices.
:thumbs: :D

11Aug2013
Tonight's sunset, nice what I did see :) have to make sure that I get out earlier.

image.jpg
vividHDR, Natural mode, Handy Photo retouch to get rid of two light standards and a yield sign.

image.jpg

vividHDR, Lively mode, Handy Photo retouch to get rid of light standards and a sign.

image.jpg

Pro HDR I had the camera turn a little more so the other light standard and sign were out of the picture.

Been some time since I've added to this thread so thought I would put some pictures up.

When we left on our trip the first stop was Outlook Provincial Park. It was another get together of Karen's cousins. Some astute observer might note that virtually all of these are Karen's side of the family. I can't recall the last time my side had a reunion or get together of any kind outside of the passing of someone. Sad but true. Last time my brother and sister and I got together at the same time (and physically space) was the funeral of our youngest brother. I seem to be the only one that travels to see the others. The last time my older brother came to Saskatchewan was some 20 years ago. My sister has been out to see us twice since we moved out here in the mid 70’s. Karen's side is much more family oriented and will visit each other as often as possible, quite a difference.

Enough whining :)

image.jpg

Behind where we camp, or have for the 5-6 years there is a rise where you can get high enough to see quite a ways around. The sky was mostly cloudy except along the horizon where it was pretty much clear. A few of us went up there to take pictures. On the right side is the old railway bridge. Some years ago it was turned into a walking bridge and you can walk all the way across if you want, almost 1.5 Km's each way. They have rest spots along the walk. I have walked the whole way but that was a few years ago. My arthritis would wear me out if I tried it these days.

image.jpg

Both are vividHDR images

Will add more tomorrow.....

Anyone else noticed with iOS 7 that auto correct is wrong more :) I find I am having to go back more often to correct stuff that it changed on me.....

Lovely images Larry!

And that sounds like my family... my brother, nephew & niece live in Alaska, so I haven't seen them in about 6 years. My mom and brother are on the West Coast and I try to see them once a year, but sometimes two years go by. I too am the only one that can travel to visit anyone. :(

We left Outlook at around 10am. Originally we had talked about going to Three Hills Alberta to see my cousin but plans changed. Karen's sister and hubby in Calgary were planning on driving down to California to see her daughters but said if we came to Calgary they would hang around a couple days to visit with us so we headed towards Calgary and planned on stopping to see my cousin on the way home. Warm drive as it was +32 when we left Outlook and just got warmer heading west. Motorhome ran pretty good but had one issue a while before Drumheller. I had pulled out to pass some little old people and it really didn't want to go, kind of sputtered a bit but once past and I backed off the gas it ran fine.

Last year on the way home the transfer switch between fuel tanks quit and once we got it working again we put in some methol hydrate to get rid of water in the tank that sat for the better part of a year. Well it gets rid of water but also clumps other impurities together so they said I will be changing fuel filters because they will get plugged. It's most noticeable when you need more gas (either going uphill or trying to speed up) and if the filters are clogged you get some hesitation because the carb can't get enough fuel. When I got to Drumheller I stopped and changed them. There was one at the back just before the electric fuel pump and once you know where it is is easy to crawl under the motorhome and takes only a few minutes to change it. The other filter is in the side of the carb so it too is easy enough to change, only issue is that it was +34 in Drumheller and taking the cover off a very warm engine inside made it even hotter. By the time I got that filter changed it was somewhere around +45 in the motorhome and I was soaked. Once we got running again it cooled down a bit and between Drumheller and Calgary it ran good and temperature outside started to drop.

In any case we did get to Calgary and was sitting outside at Karen's sisters place and clouds were showing some nice colours so I walked up to the end of their road to a berm and took some more pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tuned out to be a really nice sunset. These were taken with vividHDR.

Having a good day, great football game and a gorgeous sunset.

View attachment 41024
645 Pro II, no filters at all

View attachment 41025
Leme Cam Pro, Bloody Mary. I tried Lomora Pro but wasn't impressed with it tonight so decided to try Leme Cam.

At one point I would have loved to have a real hemisphere camera, but would have like to have been out of the city so I could see more, colour was everywhere I looked! Unfortunately that does not last very long. Still pretty nice!
Spectacular....love love the colors
Tuned out to be a really nice sunset. These were taken with vividHDR.

The clouds are spectacular Larry...especially the last image it has a very apocalyptic feel...:)

Linda and Henry (Karen's sister) stayed a bit longer then they planned and Friday morning we headed west for Kelowna which is the better part of a 10 hour drive or so and they headed south for the US. For me it was almost ideal at the start of the drive, cloudy and a bit cooler at around +20c and mostly pretty calm. It was a pretty much up eventful drive. After Golden BC it started to rain, at first just the odd shower or two but the father west we went the heavier rain we got. A few places it rained really hard and after Revelstoke it was back to showers. Only one construction zone stop for around a half hour. As far as I could see in front was other stopped vehicles and when I got out looking behind us was the same.

image.jpg

Through the Rockies they have snow sheds where snow normally slides down the mountains. These are east of Roger's pass. There are more on the west side and then others if you are going to Vancouver. They vary in size from pretty small to some long ones that wind around a bit.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I also will have to post the setup I have for taking pictures in the motorhome, pretty simple again. I use the same stand that I use on the tripod, only thing I did was drill a couple holes, one on the instrument cover ( more on the drivers side of the dash but Karen can reach over and take pictures. I also drilled a hole in the lid of the glove compartment more on the passenger side.

These were taken with 645 Pro II

We never did get out of heavier traffic after the construction delay and we left highway 1 at Sicamouse to head toward Kelowna. We got to Winfield and called my brother as his shop is there someplace. I didn't have an address. He told us how to get to his shop. Because he lives in a gated community in Kelowna we can't park there and on other trips we found a campground. This year he said to just stay at the shop as there was lots of room and I could plug in so we had power.

Next day was pretty nice and not to warm. Nice sunset from the shop.

image.jpg

This is an industrial are and this plant makes modular homes. It's across the street from my brothers shop.
image.jpg

Th. is taken standing pretty much in the middle of the road. The highway to Kelowna is at the top of that hill you can see in the distance. Doesn't look very steep in this picture but it is very steep to stop so when we left we turned down about where the car lights are and drove about 2 kms east so we didn't have to deal with that hill and intersection in the motorhome.

Back
Top Bottom