wolf391

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Kurt Norlin
Have been doing a lot of digital collage work lately. but needed to do something different so started to mess around with the ArtSetPro app. Great fun and freedom from the technical aspects of collage.

Hipstamatic, ArtSetPro
IMG_8741.JPG

Have been doing a lot of digital collage work lately. but needed to do something different so started to mess around with the ArtSetPro app. Great fun and freedom from the technical aspects of collage.

Hipstamatic, ArtSetPro
View attachment 71555

Nice. I love the colors, too. I can't shake the feeling that somebody in there is wearing a bow tie.

Hey Kurt nice to see you /your work again! Nice piece, too - I must see if I've got ArtSetPro o_O

I was thinking about you and ICM recently while reading about Martin Valentine, Mary-Louise Levick, Chris Crossley and other photographers who alsohave in common Parkinson's disease. Do you know them? Chris Crossley did a portrait series where he asked his subjects to immerse their face in a bowl of cold water before attempting an emotional expression - happiness, for example. The cold water was to simulate the kind of 'expressionlessness' that can result with loss of control of facial muscles.

I find the dialogic aspect of Crossley's project interesting & moving -- here's a glimpse into you feeling a bit of what I feel. Or something. I'd be interested to know your thoughts about three or any similarly uniquely-oriented photographic projects..

And welcome back Kurt! Good that you know how (and when) to recharge your batteries :)

Hey Kurt!!! So great to see you/your posts! :D

I really love this... fab colors, and a lovely fluid watercolor feel... and a seemingly *random* abstract piece at first glance, but then I see hidden faces and expressions or maybe they're doorways. Really cool. :thumbs:

Welcome back, Kurt. Love the colors in this one. Such a great way to recharge your batteries!

WOW What an amazing response :D Thank you all for the great comments and the welcome back. I have been lurking, but have not posted any art images for longer than I realized. Most of my recent art work combines mobi and non-mobi elements and so can't be posted here. If you are interested in seeing what I have been up to you can check here:

http://kurtnorlinphotography.com/Alternative-Vision/Digital-Collage/
WOW. :notworthy:

Gorgeous work Kurt... so detailed and rich. Beautiful stuff!

Ditto Catherine's words, Kurt "rich detailed gorgeous beautiful".... I find your collage pieces particularly moving/evocative.

Please do post at least some of your mobile pieces here in a dedicated thread for your Mobi friends to enjoy. You can include the URL of your larger gallery so people know where to find more of your work.

And while you're here, can we have something from you in our abstract challenge (Wing'ed ) and/or our Double Exposure challenge ? Do you *do* Hipsta 300? There's a 12 days of Christmas Hipsta challenge, too :)

(No pressure or anything :alien:)

Back
Top Bottom