MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

Has anyone else seen Forbes.com (amongst others) report on the ‘scientifically constructed’ Weightless, by Marconi Union, which ‘reduces anxiety by 65%’? Another site lists the ‘10 most relaxing songs’.

I haven’t found the study from which these claims are derived. Not to worry, ‘Music can be very relaxing’ is intuitive, right? So I’m curious about what makes a song ‘the most relaxing’ - or even what gets it on the top ten.

1. Do you have a most relaxing song? Or a top ten? If you had to write a list for Forbes (or whoever) what would be your criteria?
  2. Agree/disagree with the top spot Forbes gives to Marconi Union?
  3. Agree/disagree with the top ten list below from inc.com?

10. "We Can Fly," by Rue du Soleil (Café Del Mar)

9. "Canzonetta Sull'aria," by Mozart

8. "Someone Like You," by Adele

7. "Pure Shores," by All Saints

6. "Please Don't Go," by Barcelona

5. "Strawberry Swing," by Coldplay

4. "Watermark," by Enya

3. "Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix)," by DJ Shah

2. "Electra," by Airstream

1. "Weightless," by Marconi Union

Weightless wouldn’t be my favourite. I like relaxation music which has the sound of the sea.

Has anyone else seen Forbes.com (amongst others) report on the ‘scientifically constructed’ Weightless, by Marconi Union, which ‘reduces anxiety by 65%’? Another site lists the ‘10 most relaxing songs’.
I do like this "Weightless" piece.... could maybe be good meditation music.

As a retired massage therapist I have probably 20 CD’s of deeply relaxing music I played for my clients. My personal top ones are as follows:
08: Racing Against The Sunset
07: How You Learn To Live Alone
06: Carry Me Home
05: Dreams
04: Fade Into You
03: 432 Hz deep healing
02: Music to sleep to
01: The Swan of Tuonela
The Swan of Tuonela is best listened to with earphones on, the subtle shifts in music and instruments is delightful. I listen to this while having minor surgical procedures done to keep my blood pressure in check :)

As a retired massage therapist I have probably 20 CD’s of deeply relaxing music I played for my clients. My personal top ones are as follows:
The Swan of Tuonela is best listened to with earphones on, the subtle shifts in music and instruments is delightful. I listen to this while having minor surgical procedures done to keep my blood pressure in check :)

I think I know one of them — 04 is Mazzy (?). Lovely track. Or are these albums?

Most of the music on that list would irritate the life out of me!
As usual music / art is very subjective. Give me some AC/DC anyday :lol:

I’ve been well-educated by my guitarist DH, so I could listen to Angus and Malcolm all day long. I’d need the occasional break from the vocals, though.

And I wouldn’t call their sound relaxing. Although, come to think on it, while you’re listening to them in full flight, it would be near impossible to think of anything else :)

I love Fade into You! I watched a season or two of Nashville and thought most of the music was great. I'll have to pull up some of the subsequent seasons soundtracks on Spotify.

I love Fade into You! I watched a season or two of Nashville and thought most of the music was great. I'll have to pull up some of the subsequent seasons soundtracks on Spotify.
I’m not a country-western “fan” but I liked a lot of the music on the program too. Since I only look up a few times during a. Program I can’t really claim that I “watch” them. I listen to them though :)

Some nice ones on that list, Ryn.

This is a song/mantra of protection that a friend shared with me recently, and I’ve been singing it every day since. That cello absolutely slays me every time.... it reaches deep inside me (since listening to this I’ve decided the cello may be my favorite instrument). I also think both women have beautiful, soulful voices. :inlove:

The words are simple, and are repeated throughout:

Aad guray nameh
Jugaad guray nameh
Sat guray nameh
Siri guru devay nameh

This is a song/mantra of protection that a friend shared with me recently, and I’ve been singing it every day since. That cello absolutely slays me every time.... it reaches deep inside me (since listening to this I’ve decided the cello may be my favorite instrument). I also think both women have beautiful, soulful voices. :inlove:

Aad guray nameh
Jugaad guray nameh
Sat guray nameh
Siri guru devay nameh

W o w !
Beautiful isn’t adequate.

Aad guray nameh
Jugaad guray nameh
Sat guray nameh
Siri guru devay nameh

I haven’t heard these women before - now I see they have many YouTube videos! Thank you :hearteyes: (Gorgeous harmonies).

Do you know Deva Premal? I have a couple of albums of her with partner Miten. The Gayatri is my favourite prayer/mantra and I love her ‘versions’. Here is one live in a concert.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard these women before - now I see they have many YouTube videos! Thank you :hearteyes: (Gorgeous harmonies).

Do you know Deva Premal? I have a couple of albums of her with partner Miten. The Gayatri is my favourite prayer/mantra and I love her ‘versions’. Here is one live in a concert.

I do know this song/mantra and have it in my iTunes library! I LOVE it.... This live version is amazing. :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom