A B S T R A C T S

Truth is bitter food.

PicFX & Iris.

image-4259523259.png

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

mscarboncopy said:
Love the first one, this more like an abstract painting than an iPhone something. Really beautiful!

Thank you! I do love "painting" a photo. ;)

Thank you! I do love "painting" a photo. ;)

Lmao, I just realized I scrolled down to your last four, how silly my comment seemed. Lmao... Sorry, just wake up and some stuff still not on its place in my head :lmao:

Just love seeing your edits, Cat. Yours are just more painting-like than iPhone abstract-like, more real and all that. They could easily be claimed as hand painting art and people would believe it and will buy it, that's what I meant to say. :p Oh, I'm sure you know what I mean. :) I'll go fix some caffeine now... :) Great Job Catherine! :thumbs: (and I even make more fool of myself :oops:)

mscarboncopy said:
Lmao, I just realized I scrolled down to your last four, how silly my comment seemed. Lmao... Sorry, just wake up and some stuff still not on its place in my head :lmao:

Just love seeing your edits, Cat. Yours are just more painting-like than iPhone abstract-like, more real and all that. They could easily be claimed as hand painting art and people would believe it and will buy it, that's what I meant to say. :p Oh, I'm sure you know what I mean. :) I'll go fix some caffeine now... :) Great Job Catherine! :thumbs: (and I even make more fool of myself :oops:)

Oh no! I totally knew what you meant! Your comment didn't seem silly at all, and I appreciate such a great compliment! I think my reply is the one that seemed silly. LOL.

I really do love making photos seem like paintings, so you saying that it looked like a painting was a huge compliment. :inlove:

Thank you!! :D

FluidFX was used for this abstract. It's an amazing app - so bizarre how it works!

image-3423814513.png

THANK YOU!! :D

View attachment 8345

This was my starting photo. A Hipsta shot I took thru the sunroof of my MINI. Was going to use it for my 366 but picked something else instead.

View attachment 8346

Ran it thru BlurFX.

View attachment 8347

Added some bits in Flowpaper
(This took several tries until I had something I liked. Luckily you can easily delete and try again within the app.)

Then through LoMob + rotated photo for final image.
(Thanks to Robin's wonderful interview I revisited this app. It was one of my very first and I've forgotten about it until now.)

So great for you to post the whole process...I love seeing how the image progressed and what the creator had on her mind!!

FluidFX was used for this abstract. It's an amazing app - so bizarre how it works!

View attachment 9457

Really loving your abstracts Catherine. In astrology, Neptune just moved into her own home, Pisces, for the next 13 years! Neptune is very much related to photography and the cinema. I'm beginning to think that this iPhonography art is just in it's beginning phases....I have a feeling we are going to see an explosion of new ever more imaginative ways to create with our cameras! I LOVE our iPhones!!

Mary said:
Really loving your abstracts Catherine. In astrology, Neptune just moved into her own home, Pisces, for the next 13 years! Neptune is very much related to photography and the cinema. I'm beginning to think that this iPhonography art is just in it's beginning phases....I have a feeling we are going to see an explosion of new ever more imaginative ways to create with our cameras! I LOVE our iPhones!!

Very interesting astrology information.

You said it Mary! I think we've just begun, and I love our iPhones too!! :D

RoseCat said:
Been playing around with abstracts. Used Flowpaper, BlurFX and LoMob on #1, Decim8, Flowpaper & Tonaltopia on #2, and 3DPhoto and Iris on #3.

Ok asked you on FB about #3 :)

I told you earlier, but to reiterate... These are spectacular. Very creative, very tactile... Very inspirational.

And the starting Hipsta shot is no slouch, either...! ;)

Wow how did I miss this tread!!! These are beautifully spectacular Cat - you have such amazing beautiful imagination and creativity!! :thumbs::inlove:

Bob Lindell said:
I told you earlier, but to reiterate... These are spectacular. Very creative, very tactile... Very inspirational.

And the starting Hipsta shot is no slouch, either...! ;)

Thank you so much Bob - really appreciate such kind words, and I'm very happy you like these. You've made my day! :D

Veevs said:
Wow how did I miss this tread!!! These are beautifully spectacular Cat - you have such amazing beautiful imagination and creativity!! :thumbs::inlove:

Oh Veevs, thank you so much!! Means a lot to me. xoxoxo :inlove:

RoseCat said:
Been playing around with abstracts. Used Flowpaper, BlurFX and LoMob on #1, Decim8, Flowpaper & Tonaltopia on #2, and 3DPhoto and Iris on #3.

Nice abstract..,they flow beautifully..x

Back
Top Bottom