Adobe warning of legal problems if subscribers keep using old versions of Creative Cloud apps

terse

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
OK I'll take the bait :lol: How would they even know what version software you were using?
I'm not sure about the Creative Cloud versions (post CS6), but with CS6 and some earlier versions, programs like Photoshop check your local network to see if other copies of it are running. It's not too much of a stretch to guess that the CC versions phone home to do something similar. They do all require an internet connection to be "activated" when you first load them, as I remember, so they know what version(s) you have.

I'm not sure about the Creative Cloud versions (post CS6), but with CS6 and some earlier versions, programs like Photoshop check your local network to see if other copies of it are running. It's not too much of a stretch to guess that the CC versions phone home to do something similar. They do all require an internet connection to be "activated" when you first load them, as I remember, so they know what version(s) you have.
I guess the CC needs to be registered to make it work, so yes they could detect what version you are running.

My lightroom flies the skull and crossbones so there's no chance it will be detected :lol:

I guess the CC needs to be registered to make it work, so yes they could detect what version you are running.

My lightroom flies the skull and crossbones so there's no chance it will be detected :lol:
:D

Back
Top Bottom