APPStracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images

I was tidying up my art hard drive and got a bit inspired. I have a whole terabyte of art videos and inspiration files and I don’t look at the art images half enough.

I think the secret to collage is having a large supply of images to use. I used to trawl through a website called Polyvore. Unfortunately, it was closed down around 2018 but it was like a massive database of collage images. A lot of people used it to put fashion outfits together but there was also a big group who started creating art from all the images available. Whether it infringed copyright is a good question. Fortunately, I made screenshots of many of the images I thought were amazing. The app to create the collage was quite basic but seemed to do quite a good job of blending images together.

In many cases the Polyvore project would show the majority of files used. Here’s a screenshot of the files and image created.
IMG_6884.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

One of my favourite artists was Sheree Burlington. Here she uses one of the same images used above.

IMG_6882.jpeg

It sounds a bit intrusive….. :eek:
The one I followed on FB was people posting views from their own windows - what they looked out on everyday. Surprisingly wholesome for FB. It was interesting to see so many different views. And some people added interesting bits about how they lived / worked the land / blocked out the noise / etc

You did this in Procreate? How'd you do that thing with filling in the crow shape with gears?
I selected the crow from its background, easy since the background was white. Selected alpha lock on the crow, brought in the gears and clipped it to the crow.

The crow was a freebie from Graphic Fairy and the gears were a clock at a brewery we went to a while back.

I selected the crow from its background, easy since the background was white. Selected alpha lock on the crow, brought in the gears and clipped it to the crow.

The crow was a freebie from Graphic Fairy and the gears were a clock at a brewery we went to a while back.

Back
Top Bottom