Hope juryjone could tell me something on this app Mapix
It seems to have awesome brushes

Mapix is cool, indeed. [emoji106][emoji4]
Only you have to know Chinese or find with trial and error like I do. [emoji4]

Two free text apps today.

Fonta - includes masking.
Fonta by ThirtyFive Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/yTnHU.i

Fontpress: Write Beautiful PhotoText Over Your Pictures with Image Filters and Fonts by Qrayon, LLC - limited in many ways; I did not bother with it
https://appsto.re/us/gTETK.i

Do you know of any text apps that give 3D extruded text, I don't mean 3D transforms of 2D text. I have tried a couple but only low res jaggy results or text with flatted curves. For a text app to be useful at all it at least needs drop shadow and outline. Gradient fill is nice, too.

Do you know of any text apps that give 3D extruded text, I don't mean 3D transforms of 2D text. I have tried a couple but only low res jaggy results or text with flatted curves. For a text app to be useful at all it at least needs drop shadow and outline. Gradient fill is nice, too.

Have you seen the Weekend picture at my 52 thread? Do you mean something like this?

I think OVER does - drop shadow fx available as iap

Golden Temple at Kyoto
View attachment 88513
Did it on Mapix App
Finished it off in IColoramaS
Hope juryjone could tell me something on this app Mapix
It seems to have awesome brushes

Mapix, which I just downloaded, seems to have some of the same capabilities as Repix. You have different brushes that you use to modify the image, and applying the brushes is all manual. Mapix is initially free, but additional brushes are a dollar each.

While Mapix has brushes that Repix does not have, Repix has more breadth of types of brushes, as well as filters not found in Mapix.

I never covered Repix because I have trouble making something worthwhile with it. I know that's my limitation because I've seen others use it well, just like you've done an awesome job with Mapix here.

I don't know of any, in that I don't have one among the 15 or so text apps I have. TypiMage does allow you to rotate the text in a 3D space, but no extrusion.

Mapix, which I just downloaded, seems to have some of the same capabilities as Repix. You have different brushes that you use to modify the image, and applying the brushes is all manual. Mapix is initially free, but additional brushes are a dollar each.

While Mapix has brushes that Repix does not have, Repix has more breadth of types of brushes, as well as filters not found in Mapix.

I never covered Repix because I have trouble making something worthwhile with it. I know that's my limitation because I've seen others use it well, just like you've done an awesome job with Mapix here.

Could you post the link to mapix. Cannot find it. Thanks.

[emoji33] haven't used Over for ages!
If the function you look for is what I did with the weekend picture, Threedi is the one and the other is OVLA. Period. [emoji4]
I have OVLA. I'll look up Threedi. Thanks.
Got it. Now I have 15 Text apps.

Last edited:
[emoji33] haven't used Over for ages!
If the function you look for is what I did with the weekend picture, Threedi is the one and the other is OVLA. Period. [emoji4]

How about this?
IMG_9216.JPG

This one is Verba 3D.

T

I never covered Repix because I have trouble making something worthwhile with it. I know that's my limitation because I've seen others use it well, just like you've done an awesome job with Mapix here.[/QUOT]
Thank you
Thank you

Last edited:
Mapix is cool, indeed. [emoji106][emoji4]
Only you have to know Chinese or find with trial and error like I do. [emoji4]
I too using the trial and error method
The English words correspond with the Chinese words in mandarin
Anyway the icons pics are what they do to the brush
Only the size of the strokes have to zoom in and out of the image
Sad they do not have opacity

IC Painter

I cut this from the IC Facebook page for anyone interested in knowing how it works:

The new iPad app is now available at App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/…/ic-painter-auto-pa…/id1207445483…

All my images during this week with exception of yesterday images were made using it.

This was intended to be released as a beta (just few days work), but Apple released the public version..so it is free for next days...

Any question just ask in this post!

My usual strategy are:

- Combine different level of details: start with high detail and move the slider to paint low detail or viceversa before you tap (how many time it paints per tap is controlled in Steps)

Too high detail all the time may in some case not be so good..try to combine both levels so strokes are seen. Also use value about 50 in Steps so you have chance to change the sliders)

- You can tap as many times you like, but with each tap the strokes will be smaller..(i will let you control the size in next version)

- Also setting low detail in the slider, but "detail on" in face (just set the switch on)..it works ok in 70% of the cases (Apple lib detects the face most of the time) it is also a way to combine low detail (outside the face) and high details (in any face)

- Don't use the "exact mode" switch until the strokes are small

- Combine image orientation and free orientation (use the orientation switch)..when I do sometimes I move the opacity slider otherwise I don't touch it.

- Sometimes when I finish an image in autopainter I reopen the finished image and run it again..

Finally using iColorama:

- Before auto painter I use sometimes painterly, lighten or simplify..even triangles and textures!

- When I'm finish with autopaint I use Sketch 3 from original image and blend with autopaint result.

- Match for final colors..

- It is also Ok to save different versions and blend/mask in iColorama.

or using Metabrush:

- Textured brush for the part with similar colors etc..

in general use as you like! Just have fun and please share your results!

With next version (that I'm submitting today) you will be able to select brushes (+ as usually import your owns) and also control the size of the brush, but for now just test it and have fun! (combine with iC & MB)

IC Painter

I cut this from the IC Facebook page for anyone interested in knowing how it works:

The new iPad app is now available at App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/…/ic-painter-auto-pa…/id1207445483…

All my images during this week with exception of yesterday images were made using it.

This was intended to be released as a beta (just few days work), but Apple released the public version..so it is free for next days...

Any question just ask in this post!

My usual strategy are:

- Combine different level of details: start with high detail and move the slider to paint low detail or viceversa before you tap (how many time it paints per tap is controlled in Steps)

Too high detail all the time may in some case not be so good..try to combine both levels so strokes are seen. Also use value about 50 in Steps so you have chance to change the sliders)

- You can tap as many times you like, but with each tap the strokes will be smaller..(i will let you control the size in next version)

- Also setting low detail in the slider, but "detail on" in face (just set the switch on)..it works ok in 70% of the cases (Apple lib detects the face most of the time) it is also a way to combine low detail (outside the face) and high details (in any face)

- Don't use the "exact mode" switch until the strokes are small

- Combine image orientation and free orientation (use the orientation switch)..when I do sometimes I move the opacity slider otherwise I don't touch it.

- Sometimes when I finish an image in autopainter I reopen the finished image and run it again..

Finally using iColorama:

- Before auto painter I use sometimes painterly, lighten or simplify..even triangles and textures!

- When I'm finish with autopaint I use Sketch 3 from original image and blend with autopaint result.

- Match for final colors..

- It is also Ok to save different versions and blend/mask in iColorama.

or using Metabrush:

- Textured brush for the part with similar colors etc..

in general use as you like! Just have fun and please share your results!

With next version (that I'm submitting today) you will be able to select brushes (+ as usually import your owns) and also control the size of the brush, but for now just test it and have fun! (combine with iC & MB)

This is an iPad-only app. I tried to download it on my iPad but discovered it is just one step too old to run it. The biggest struggle I have with all this tech stuff is having things get too "old" after not enough years of use for the cost.

Back
Top Bottom