Before and after

Another before and after shot. I used hipstamatic to take the original picture but didn't really like it too much...bland, I felt.
6007355846_97d0693de9.jpg

So I put it through percolator, saved two versions and then juxtaposed one on top of the other. The resulting image looked good but needed some pop so I used pictools to get that layering effect and spotlight the lantern. Lastly, I used tiltshiftgen to give the picture some depth.

6007345504_7d0550e4cb.jpg

Do you like the naturally lit "before" shot or my more interesting artistic interpretation? (I know it's a loaded question!!):p

Beautiful, fairy-tale effect in your second image, Mansi. I think you've demonstrated one of the major reasons iphoneography is gaining in popularity; nothing need remain as it was taken. It can either be improved or transformed into dramatic new images, as you've skilfully shown.

I may also have to look at Percolator again - I didn't think it was capable of such subtle effects. :)

WOW! The "after" is so gorgeous! What a great idea to use Percolator as a layer. The subtle "O's" are fantastic! And the midnight blue is beautiful... Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Beautiful, fairy-tale effect in your second image, Mansi. I think you've demonstrated one of the major reasons iphoneography is gaining in popularity; nothing need remain as it was taken. It can either be improved or transformed into dramatic new images, as you've skilfully shown.

I may also have to look at Percolator again - I didn't think it was capable of such subtle effects. :)
Thanks, Richard! I downloaded Percolator this morning...had been holding off until their new update but just couldn't resist anymore. I'm loving the possibilities for creativity this app created. Thank you, again, for your kind words!

Here's some more percolator :)

Drive-by shot that turned out pretty good I think. But what's an iPhoneographer if not an appsperimenter?

IMG_8081.JPG

Here's a festive Golden Gate touched up with some flowpaper, photoforge2, pictools, percolator, blender, and juxtaposer and served with a hefty amount of imagination.

IMG_9097.jpg

Nice one Mansi... :)

A sort of TARDIS effect and feel to the 'After'... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Was playing around and came up with this. I used the radial blur feature in PhotoForge then Simply HDR then Filter Mania. I don't think anyone would have guessed the "after" photo started out as a tree!

image-1220240844.png

image-463562754.png

Aaron Davis said:
That's a great before and after Lisa. Talk about a transformation. Great image! :)

Thanks Aaron!!

RoseCat (Catherine) said:
Fantastic abstract image! I love doing before & afters! :D

Thanks Catherine! It's always fun to see what you can come up with.

Was playing around and came up with this. I used the radial blur feature in PhotoForge then Simply HDR then Filter Mania. I don't think anyone would have guessed the "after" photo started out as a tree!
They are like two completely different images! I love them both!

I agree it is a great image, as Gordon has said, I really like the treatment Mansi... :thumbs:

Although it sort of reminds me of a scene from Harry Potter... :D

Back
Top Bottom