Before and after

Mansi Bhatia

MobiAddict
Real Name
Mansi
Have been dabbling with the idea of starting a "before and after" group for a week now. Kicked one off on Flickr (http://flickr.com/groups/iPhone-before-after) and thinking about setting one up on Google+ when they have the capability. Roger in the meantime suggested that I spur some cross-fertilization by posting before and after iPhone photos in the MobiTog community. A splendid idea, indeed.

It's my attempt to help us in the iPhoneography community appreciate each other's work even more. There's nothing like seeing the plain vanilla version and then being bowled over by its appified non-identical twin. To kick off this before and after movement I present an image I worked on this morning. Comments, bouquets, brickbats and your participation welcome.

image-3635430844.png
image-786910752.png

Great idea, Mansi. I'm definitely up for a bit of cross-fertilization! Is there any deadline for these images?

Great idea, Mansi. I'm definitely up for a bit of cross-fertilization! Is there any deadline for these images?
Excellent!! No deadline, really ... just as and when you feel like sharing :)

And I'm sorry about the original image being rotated sideways ... looked fine on my phone...

Have been dabbling with the idea of starting a "before and after" group for a week now. Kicked one off on Flickr (http://flickr.com/groups/iPhone-before-after) and thinking about setting one up on Google+ when they have the capability. Roger in the meantime suggested that I spur some cross-fertilization by posting before and after iPhone photos in the MobiTog community. A splendid idea, indeed.

It's my attempt to help us in the iPhoneography community appreciate each other's work even more. There's nothing like seeing the plain vanilla version and then being bowled over by its appified non-identical twin. To kick off this before and after movement I present an image I worked on this morning. Comments, bouquets, brickbats and your participation welcome.

This is what it is all about Mansi... :thumbs:

Thank you for taking the time to sew this gem of an idea into the fabric of the MobiTog community, superb stuff... :cool:

It's a brilliant idea and drives to the very core of what iPhoneography and iPhoneArt is all about, never mind the boundaries, let's cross and re-cross them in our quest to excite our shutter bugs... :D

Mansi Bhatia said:
This is absolutely amazing, Aaron! Love your introduction of type on the image. Really strengthens it.

It was a bit of a play on the "old and the new". Marty's image of the old phone dial really inspired the juxtaposition.

Well, here's another one for you Mobitoggers. I had captured the original image of the sculpture while waiting for the elevator...even though the background wasn't perfect and I didn't have time to get a better angle, I decided to keep it.
6000497513_8d5aa69fc1.jpg

A couple of days later, I discovered stripecam and while playing with the plaids and seeing what tinyplanets did to them, I decided to juxtapose the dancers in the center ... huh ... "this could be something," I thought. Blend, blend, blend, touchup the colors, add some grunge, blend some more and voila! Got a result that I was extremely pleased with.

5991675387_48aa7a24a5.jpg

What do you all think of the transformation?

Have to say I'm even liking the original image Mansi... :thumbs:

But the finished article is a visual feast of interest and pleasing artwork to the eye, really well done on a fantastic final 'After'... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Fabulous idea! It's one of the things I love most: showing friends the before & afters and seeing their reactions. All my originals are saved at home so I'll have to wait to post something.

:D

Have to say I'm even liking the original image Mansi... :thumbs:

But the finished article is a visual feast of interest and pleasing artwork to the eye, really well done on a fantastic final 'After'... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D
Aww thanks, Roger!

Fabulous idea! It's one of the things I love most: showing friends the before & afters and seeing their reactions. All my originals are saved at home so I'll have to wait to post something.

:D
I'd love to see your before and afters! I think we truly appreciate the after when we see the before, especially since people don't expect such transformations to happen using a "mere phone!"

That's great apping Mansi, pushing that interesting combo of apps to the limits. The resulting image is excellent, well done! :)

Thanks for your kind words Mansi, I was wondering if you'd be interested in collaborating with me in an animation/movie project I'm creating for an upcoming iphone short movie competition. If you are interested, I can direct you to some more information about the project. Cheers Aaron, :)

Thanks for your kind words Mansi, I was wondering if you'd be interested in collaborating with me in an animation/movie project I'm creating for an upcoming iphone short movie competition. If you are interested, I can direct you to some more information about the project. Cheers Aaron, :)
I've never done animation or movie projects but yes, am up for new challenges and hey collaborating with you is icing on the cake! :) Please e-mail me. Looking forward!

I've never done animation or movie projects but yes, am up for new challenges and hey collaborating with you is icing on the cake! :) Please e-mail me at mansibhatia [at] gmail [dot] com. Looking forward!
Thanks for your email address Mansi, just to let you know I've started a private conversation outlining my animation project thoughts. I look forward to your questions and feedback. Cheers Aaron :)

I absolutely love seeing befores and afters. It's amazing what can be achieved and I'm awestruck by all of the "after" images above. In Gordon's case I love the "before" too.

Sent from MiPad using the awesome and FREE MobiTog app... :)

Back
Top Bottom