Before and after

Great photo! When I first saw the photo, I thought it was taken somewhere completely different, like at a live action role playing festival or something, not a corporate event. Great transformation and photo!

That image us amazing Mansi! I love the background and however painstaking it was, the result is fantastic! :thumbs;

Hi All, just thought I'd share my before and after. I posted a waterfall image yesterday that I wasn't quite happy with as the sky was blown out.
Image1.

image-3257446036.png

I decided to convert the image into black and white using MonoPhix.
Image2.

image-1564295917.png

I then tried framing to counteract the blown out sky area, until I remembered that photoforge2 has an adjustable cloud filter. Using the imported image above I created the following layer.
Image 3

image-1499560812.png

I then imported the cloud image into Iris and set it as a base layer and used the waterfall image as a mask, erasing the blown out sky to reveal the cloud underneath. Resulting in this final image.

image-1704888444.png

:)

Aaron Davis said:
Hi All, just thought I'd share my before and after. I posted a waterfall image yesterday that I wasn't quite happy with as the sky was blown out.

Really love the final image!! B&W really suits this photo, and your sky fix is perfect. :D

I discovered that trick too in PhotoForge2, and I kinda felt like I was "cheating", but I did it anyway. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

RoseCat (Catherine) said:
Really love the final image!! B&W really suits this photo, and your sky fix is perfect. :D

I discovered that trick too in PhotoForge2, and I kinda felt like I was "cheating", but I did it anyway. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. LOL.

Yeah I struggled with the cheating bit too, however the blown out sky was just bugging me too much. Glad I have a comrade. Lol :)

Aaron Davis said:
Image1.

I decided to convert the image into black and white using MonoPhix.
Image2.

I then tried framing to counteract the blown out sky area, until I remembered that photoforge2 has an adjustable cloud filter. Using the imported image above I created the following layer.
Image 3

I then imported the cloud image into Iris and set it as a base layer and used the waterfall image as a mask, erasing the blown out sky to reveal the cloud underneath. Resulting in this final image.

:)

Nice shot! No cheating just creative thinking! I've not got the complete hang of masks yet so will look into that on photoforge2. I saw the pic on shnap earlier too!

LadfromLancs said:
Nice shot! No cheating just creative thinking! I've not got the complete hang of masks yet so will look into that on photoforge2. I saw the pic on shnap earlier too!

Masks are really handy to add new elements into an image without blending, I mainly use Iris for masking. The trick is to really practice zooming in and out of the image when erasing sections. :)

lisamjw said:
Was playing around and came up with this. I used the radial blur feature in PhotoForge then Simply HDR then Filter Mania. I don't think anyone would have guessed the "after" photo started out as a tree!

This is so cool Lisa.

LOL Robert you and me both, just found this thread - you guys are sooo creative!!! What imaginations - loving the before and afters!

mrtnwild said:
thats amazing i would never have guessed they are same picture.

Thanks...that's what I like about "before and after"!

bpahia said:
I just saw this on Flickr! Loved it there, love it here! Such a great photo!!!

Thank you Bryan! I know I've said this before, but I really appreciate all your kind comments! :D

THANK YOU Aaron!! :D

The key is to make "stamps" and save them, then you can use them for different projects.

Back
Top Bottom