Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Onsite
Project Page
The leaves have mostly gone from the trees now but the blueberry fields are electric in their vibrant colours.
IMG_7702.JPG

Overview. In this area that is mostly forested hills there are large blueberry fields on both sides of the road. It mostly looks like a vast carpet of red.
IMG_7756.JPG

To make any compositions I had to look for areas with some variation in tone or colour.
IMG_7769.JPG

I used a polarizing filter to remove the reflected sky on the shiny leaves which helped to bring out the colour. It really was this red.
IMG_7762.JPG

White balance was an issue with so much red. Compare the following two photos.
IMG_7726.JPG

This one made with Fusion, which has no provision to set the white balance, shows too much blue as the camera attempted to compensate for what it assumed to be too much red.
IMG_7754.JPG

This one was made in PureShot which has a white balance lock feature. I used a white balance reference card to measure the white balance and lock it and then made the picture. Much more accurate colour.
IMG_7763.JPG

It was also very windy which no doubt interfered with proper registration of the bracketed HDR exposures.
Here is a motion GIF made from a Live Photo in ImgPlay.
View attachment 101083

The leaves have mostly gone from the trees now but the blueberry fields are electric in their vibrant colours.
View attachment 101073
Overview. In this area that is mostly forested hills there are large blueberry fields on both sides of the road. It mostly looks like a vast carpet of red.
View attachment 101074
To make any compositions I had to look for areas with some variation in tone or colour.
View attachment 101075
I used a polarizing filter to remove the reflected sky on the shiny leaves which helped to bring out the colour. It really was this red.
View attachment 101077
View attachment 101078
This one made with Fusion, which has no provision to set the white balance, shows too much blue as the camera attempted to compensate for what it assumed to be too much red.
View attachment 101079
This one was made in PureShot which has a white balance lock feature. I used a white balance reference card to measure the white balance and lock it and then made the picture. Much more accurate colour.
View attachment 101082

It was also very windy which no doubt interfered with proper registration of the bracketed HDR exposures.
View attachment 101083
Whoa. These look surreal. I bet it was an incredible sight :)

View attachment 101073
View attachment 101074
View attachment 101075
View attachment 101077
View attachment 101078
View attachment 101079
View attachment 101082

View attachment 101083
This is what I love about Mobitog. Seeing stuff you didn’t know existed.

O.M.G.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

I had just one blueberry bush in my garden and I loved its bright red leaves in the fall. This field is AMAZING. What a sight!!!

You live in such a gorgeous part of this planet... I’m continually amazed by the ever changing beauty you’re surrounded with.

Back
Top Bottom