Started with this
fullsizeoutput_37fc.jpeg

Moved on to
IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5265.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

Added Brushstroke and LoryStripes (and another but I forget which one)
IMG_5285.JPG

Back to Brushstroke
9A96C3A7-4328-455F-B845-E3AC3883CF02-678-00000052327C7976.jpg

Glaze and Fragment
IMG_5293.JPG

iColorama is like my computer. I only use about 0.001% of what it can do.I was just playing with the presets, etc. I'd really love to do something intentional.

LOL!!!! I totally relate to that comparison!!! [emoji23][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Love seeing the progression... beautiful colors.

iColorama is like my computer. I only use about 0.001% of what it can do.I was just playing with the presets, etc. I'd really love to do something intentional.
Looks to me like you have a loads of potential! Let's see some more!

By the way very little of what I do is planned. Most of the stuff is happy accidents and I wonder what will happen if I do this....

Well, it does help to know what an effect does but some of my best results have been as a result of trying something by mistake or just playing. When I first changed from Photoshop to apps on the iPad I wasn't able to produce anything for the first 6 months and I only really felt comfortable after a year. I couldn't understand why I had this 'artist's block'. I think it's apparent in some of my earlier attempts in my 365 day project where I also express my frustration. Later I realised. I just had no idea what was possible. It was only when I had tried loads of options in loads of apps that I was finally able to produce the same stuff that I had done on Photoshop and better. I could look at a photo and think, hmmm, that's the sort of photo that would look good as a water colour or if I added a bit of Coherence in iColorama that will smooth the edges. The more you know your apps the more creative you will become. Blending, cutting out and masking are really the creme-de-la-creme. If you can do these it takes your photos to another level.

I now believe this principle applies to all arts. That's why it takes time to be a good artist not because we are not capable but the more we play and discover, the more we are able to achieve. That's what I think anyway.

Yeah and I think your example above is a case in point!

Well, it does help to know what an effect does but some of my best results have been as a result of trying something by mistake or just playing. When I first changed from Photoshop to apps on the iPad I wasn't able to produce anything for the first 6 months and I only really felt comfortable after a year. I couldn't understand why I had this 'artist's block'. I think it's apparent in some of my earlier attempts in my 365 day project where I also express my frustration. Later I realised. I just had no idea what was possible. It was only when I had tried loads of options in loads of apps that I was finally able to produce the same stuff that I had done on Photoshop and better. I could look at a photo and think, hmmm, that's the sort of photo that would look good as a water colour or if I added a bit of Coherence in iColorama that will smooth the edges. The more you know your apps the more creative you will become. Blending, cutting out and masking are really the creme-de-la-creme. If you can do these it takes your photos to another level.

I now believe this principle applies to all arts. That's why it takes time to be a good artist not because we are not capable but the more we play and discover, the more we are able to achieve. That's what I think anyway.

:notworthy:

Very thoughtful and inspiring words!!

Very thoughtful and inspiring words!!

She's marvellous isn't she. :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom