MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Snapseed.jpg

Collage on top of old Hipsta image of a jellyfish. SnapSeed Repix & Union.

Edit: forgot SketchClub. You can use any of the brushes as an eraser, so I did her dress with a few layers of bits of the dress over an old background, eraser 'stamp' a squiggly one, or dots or something then blend on overlay or burn... muted the colours again in Union with repetitions of the Hipsta jellyfish o_O.

Last edited:
Have you seen the music video set to Leonard Cohen's Dance Me to the End of Love?
It is so touching.

I hadn't seen this one, thank you. Love the vocal harmonies - and the imagery of 'old' as well as 'young' love.

I did learn some things I didn't know about these lyrics in another thread - I think it might've been Jilly in Rodolfo's 'the words & the music'. I'll find a link and post it.

I love the glamour glow. Really makes it! Feels a bit Audrey Hepburn meets grunge.

Funny you should say - I made above-elbow gloves (which I think very elegant) and tried to make her shoes Doc Martins. (R foot halfway there) but I liked the shape of the foot in high heel on her L side so I left her with two different shoes and wondered if it wd stand out too much.

View attachment 87535

Collage on top of old Hipsta image of a jellyfish. SnapSeed Repix & Union.

Edit: forgot SketchClub. You can use any of the brushes as an eraser, so I did her dress with a few layers of bits of the dress over an old background, eraser 'stamp' a squiggly one, or dots or something then blend on overlay or burn... muted the colours again in Union with repetitions of the Hipsta jellyfish o_O.
A jellyfish. Inspired. :inlove: Love it.

Wow. This is more than just a great shot, this is very artsy and authentic. Worthy of being an album cover. Way to take photography beyond just an image, something I've not yet achieved. Very creative. Kudos.

Thank you for lovely compliment, chimera. I wish I could take full credit from your words, but I can't. My preferred method of 'collage' is a bit cut&paste, combination of many layers of fragments of images. Sometimes I alter a photo, sometimes I find an image to copy in a drawing app, a stock photo (taken with mobile of course :eek:) sometimes I take a photo of my own drawing, etc.

This one - if you look closely you'll see her arms are made out of her legs :lmao: I made the elbow gloves to disguise the wrong-shaped bits. Her face was a bit of the jellyfish, darkened by blend, and bits erased out to give the impression of a profile. Her legs (and the idea) came from an old Dubble image. Her dress was a very basic hand drawn butterfly wing (mine), decorated in SketchClub & repeated in layers about eight times.

It's a bit weird I suppose bcs no one would know so much of my various collage images are 'built' using and re-using one tiny fragment of a starter image. But very satisfying for me.

Thank you for lovely compliment, chimera. I wish I could take full credit from your words, but I can't. My preferred method of 'collage' is a bit cut&paste, combination of many layers of fragments of images. Sometimes I alter a photo, sometimes I find an image to copy in a drawing app, a stock photo (taken with mobile of course :eek:) sometimes I take a photo of my own drawing, etc.

This one - if you look closely you'll see her arms are made out of her legs :lmao: I made the elbow gloves to disguise the wrong-shaped bits. Her face was a bit of the jellyfish, darkened by blend, and bits erased out to give the impression of a profile. Her legs (and the idea) came from an old Dubble image. Her dress was a very basic hand drawn butterfly wing (mine), decorated in SketchClub & repeated in layers about eight times.

It's a bit weird I suppose bcs no one would know so much of my various collage images are 'built' using and re-using one tiny fragment of a starter image. But very satisfying for me.
Your explanation is as amazing as the image.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I don't understand why you would think that you can't take full credit. You are all of those things and more! Silly Jen :rolleyes::inlove:

Back
Top Bottom