Deepop’s Project 365- 2022

28 March
The local flying squadron
4408C758-60FC-4A9A-A0F6-5392D00C7E7D.jpeg

Pelicans.:)
They are fun to watch. They cruise in groups of two to more than a dozen, usually soaring, rarely moving their wings, often just 15 to 20 feet off the ground. When they feed they fly higher and dive head first straight into the water making a big splash and coming up with water, and occasionally fish filling their distensible throats.

Ooh, David, are you in Naples? I loved Naples when I was there. That glorious beach [sigh] and the lovely town with all its shops and restaurants.
Yes, we are in Naples. The beaches are, indeed, lovely. The first week we were with the boys, so we didn’t get out to any restaurants or shops. We’re just starting to do that, although we leave in two days.

6 April
Many of the backyard pools are enclosed in screened structures to keep out bugs and debris.
Here’s the view from the lanai.
C9B0FFEA-0AFF-4F47-83B7-729163BADF92.jpeg

Access to one of the public beaches.
E8E87E44-1D3D-4E4A-8C10-8EE53A04DDF2.jpeg

Around the corner is some ongoing construction where I think they’re building a retaining wall where the the back of the lot meets the canal. These 2 men are waist deep in water with the marine construction barge to their right. I couldn’t quite figure out what they we’re doing.
5FC3CE04-46E8-48AE-8A5F-76701D8A2FFC.jpeg

8 April
There’s always the window of what-to-do time between checking out and when you have to be at the airport. It may be be harder in tropical climes because you’re wearing pants and shoes (it gets cold in airports and airplanes for us elderly types) instead of shorts and flip flops. We decided to spend it indoors and Naples‘ art museum, which was surprisingly pleasant. Here’s the view from their rooftop patio looking west towrds the beach and its high rise accommodations.
C3DEE6E9-F9C4-40AA-8EC8-A011AA2ACFB8.jpeg

There was areally good exhibit featuring the work of an artist who creates sculptures and installations from all the man made debris she’s collected from beaches around the world. The last part of the exhibit was a forensic analysis of negative impact on marine wildlife. Below is a piece that symbolizes one droplet of oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
39A2C5E1-663A-4F19-92D3-DF94AEE99476.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom