Deepop’s Project 365- 2022

9 April
Have a nice trip back home
Here’s what the local airport looks like at 1 AM, which is when we landed after our flight was delayed 8 hours. (At that point we just glad the flight went and that it wasn’t canceled at 10 PM.)
5402905D-A0FC-4726-862E-EDF2E5B1F541.jpeg

8 April
There’s always the window of what-to-do time between checking out and when you have to be at the airport. It may be be harder in tropical climes because you’re wearing pants and shoes (it gets cold in airports and airplanes for us elderly types) instead of shorts and flip flops. We decided to spend it indoors and Naples‘ art museum, which was surprisingly pleasant. Here’s the view from their rooftop patio looking west towrds the beach and its high rise accommodations.View attachment 179084
There was areally good exhibit featuring the work of an artist who creates sculptures and installations from all the man made debris she’s collected from beaches around the world. The last part of the exhibit was a forensic analysis of negative impact on marine wildlife. Below is a piece that symbolizes one droplet of oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
View attachment 179085
Wow that’s a powerful piece of art.

9 April

Here’s what the local airport looks like at 1 AM, which is when we landed after our flight was delayed 8 hours. (At that point we just glad the flight went and that it wasn’t canceled at 10 PM.)
View attachment 179086
I love the sign that I’m sure you captured on purpose (not the M one!!:lol: ). I always found empty arrival halls very sad.

9 April

View attachment 179086
I don’t think the airlines have got themselves quite together since Covid. British Airways has been pretty appalling but I doubt any of the others are any better.

I don’t think the airlines have got themselves quite together since Covid. British Airways has been pretty appalling but I doubt any of the others are any better.
It certainly was appalling on Friday when we flew home. It seemed like every flight leaving from our concourse, no matter what air, was delayed several hours or more.

It certainly was appalling on Friday when we flew home. It seemed like every flight leaving from our concourse, no matter what air, was delayed several hours or more.
How odd. I talked to two different people on Friday that had been delayed. One was coming into Syracuse and the other was leaving. In both cases, their luggage had no problem beating them to their destination

Back
Top Bottom