Double Exposure Experimentation

Last night, during the snowstorm and power failure, I was using Diana on iPad. After going through the whole set of blends/masks I found there are several I have never found useful since I first tried Diana quite a while ago. I wish it was possible in settings to shut off some of them to speed up getting to the good ones. There are 39 and of those probably 20 I would shut off.

Last night, during the snowstorm and power failure, I was using Diana on iPad. After going through the whole set of blends/masks I found there are several I have never found useful since I first tried Diana quite a while ago. I wish it was possible in settings to shut off some of them to speed up getting to the good ones. There are 39 and of those probably 20 I would shut off.
I wish you didn't have to scroll through them.... or did I miss something? It would be helpful if they were set up in a grid or something and you could choose the filter.

I wish you didn't have to scroll through them.... or did I miss something? It would be helpful if they were set up in a grid or something and you could choose the filter.

If you long-tap on the composite image, you'll get a grid with the names of the blend/mask options, and you can pick one from there. All you get are the names, no samples, and the fancy type used for the names makes the grid take up more space than it needs to, so you have to scroll to see the whole list, but it's something.

If you long-tap on the composite image, you'll get a grid with the names of the blend/mask options, and you can pick one from there. All you get are the names, no samples, and the fancy type used for the names makes the grid take up more space than it needs to, so you have to scroll to see the whole list, but it's something.
Thanks Ted... :)

The names aren't very descriptive of the effect, though.

It's hard to remember what the different Diana effects do. Some do practically nothing to a light image but are dramatic with a dark image, etc. Because the inner working of each effect are unknown it's hard to learn much from them.

I didn't realise that Diana had all these extra options. I have now discovered that if you press and hold down one of the images you can lock it and just do the random shake for the other.

Wow FundyB ... last image is a cracker. Looks familiar too from Elements of Surprise one time too. Nice work Shawnshoots ... I like the first two best, and the way the cascading bubbles almost look like gymnasts tumbling and twisting. Cool stuff. I was just playing with one i haven't touched for ages today, Fuze, similar sort of thing, but can use stills or video. I did one cool image with that ages back of a man's face made from tools. will see if i can dig it up.

Back
Top Bottom