FIMO App

D7F5327B-3C52-42BF-A6FB-7BF659EA30CB.jpeg
3F7BEF93-F331-4F1A-9D44-1A73C33557FC.jpeg
0661B25A-9A52-4FB4-87A4-9DAABEE3E30E.jpeg

These look great, especially the sepia tint set. Think ill have to indulge and sod the battery and the expense. Thanks kev!

Bummer…. That’s the main problem with Android although you can get FIMO ?
Yes Android is a bit hit and miss. FIMO has always been there, what I'd call a cross-over app. But I get why devs stick to Apple, its a lot easier to cater for one operating system.

Well, that serves me right. Bought 1903 and installed it. Got maybe one photo taken and then the back camera has stopped working. 1903 just gives me a black screen and the native camera app wont work. Front camera works fine, but third party apps wont let me use the back camera. Tried all the usual moves and uninstalled both 1903 and fimo. Still no joy. :angry:

Well, that serves me right. Bought 1903 and installed it. Got maybe one photo taken and then the back camera has stopped working. 1903 just gives me a black screen and the native camera app wont work. Front camera works fine, but third party apps wont let me use the back camera. Tried all the usual moves and uninstalled both 1903 and fimo. Still no joy. :angry:
Oh dear, I just downloaded it…..

well I do have a comparatively old Iphone 8+. Its a common problem with the back camera, so may not be directly related to the app. App stopped working first, then the camera went funny. Im on ios 14 too. Im doing a factory reset later, so maybe wait a little till i can see if it works again ?

well I do have a comparatively old Iphone 8+. Its a common problem with the back camera, so may not be directly related to the app. App stopped working first, then the camera went funny. Im on ios 14 too. Im doing a factory reset later, so maybe wait a little till i can see if it works again ?
I checked it out on the App Store and it says IOS 9 or later. I’m not much of a tech head but try dropping them an email. I did that recently with Calla cam and they responded with an update

Think its my phone has had it tbh. It has a few cracks around the lens mount, so it may have finally joined the choir invisible. Im going to invest in a new phone shortly, as ive just had a succession of second hand devices, as my daughter has upgraded to the latest new shiny model.
I did a full restore on it, but even before i re-installed all the apps, the base OS wouldn't run the camera either and the flash/torch isnt working. :poo:

Starzee - don't be put off by my phone issues, I suspect the problem was with my device rather than the software. If its anything like Fimo itself, it will be great.

Starzee - don't be put off by my phone issues, I suspect the problem was with my device rather than the software. If its anything like Fimo itself, it will be great.
I took one image that I didn’t like particularly and it seemed to use more than 1/4 of my battery. I deleted it. I’m amused enough with figuring out Hipsta combos at the moment.

I took one image that I didn’t like particularly and it seemed to use more than 1/4 of my battery. I deleted it. I’m amused enough with figuring out Hipsta combos at the moment.
Ill see how it runs on my new phone, but as you say, Hipsta is more than enough fun on its own.

Were you referring to Fimo 1403? I've never had any trouble with the regular Fimo. Stick to the basics I say.
Don’t confuse me, John. It was the Fimo 1903.

I was quite embarassed to find out, after this discussion began and I dashed off to the App Store, that I already owned Fimo. I would like to spend more time with that, too. So after my Hipsta practice, my Bluristic practice…… I think for time being, I’ll try to remember use is to process other images. Especially the Tri-X film, my first analog love.

Last edited:
Don’t confuse me, John. It was the Fimo 1903.

I was quite embarassed to find out, after this discussion began and I dashed off to the App Store, that I already owned Fimo. I would like to spend more time with that, too. So after my Hipsta practice, my Bluristic practice…… I think for time being, I’ll try to remember use is to process other images. Especially the Tri-X film, my first analog love.
You sound like me, flicking from app to app but Fimo is definitely a winner

As a newbie to FIMO I just worked out how to apply the filters to any photo in your camera roll. This changes everything fo me.

Question. How does the trial work? Does it only allow you to use a filter a limited number of times?

As a newbie to FIMO I just worked out how to apply the filters to any photo in your camera roll. This changes everything fo me.

Question. How does the trial work? Does it only allow you to use a filter a limited number of times?
You have 3 shots before you have to buy, or not as the case may be.

Back
Top Bottom