FIMO App

A general Fimo question. Does the iPhone version take images at the phones full resolution?
On Android I get a smaller resolution, so it you need to crop or edit you have a lot less to work with.

A general Fimo question. Does the iPhone version take images at the phones full resolution?
On Android I get a smaller resolution, so it you need to crop or edit you have a lot less to work with.
They look to be full res, image size on average is about 3mb, but some are nearly 5. Quality is at least equal to the native cam and I haven't noticed any degregation in quality when processing.

Well - immediately after posting about the lack of a new Histagram pak on the first friday, i went onto Fimo on my iphone, to find a buy one get one free 'Blind Box' offer. As a reult, I bought three new films I had my eye on and got three free!
Glad it worked for you. Last time they did that I purchased a film and got nothing :lol:

The latest FIMO film, the Porta 400, described as ideal for portraiture.
71551E82-7264-4F87-A2F8-D1EA38B3FE4E.jpeg
7A8379BF-BC9C-439F-AF94-90028272EC2F.jpeg

Are we all shooting with Fimo, or editing our camera shots into Fimo after shooting with native camera?
Somehow I have it in my head that Fimo is an app for live shots. I tend to go specifically on a Fimo spree. I think it’s probably because I don’t use it enough to really know the filters that result from each film and I’m still caution about going out and buying the whole lot!

Somehow I have it in my head that Fimo is an app for live shots. I tend to go specifically on a Fimo spree. I think it’s probably because I don’t use it enough to really know the filters that result from each film and I’m still caution about going out and buying the whole lot!
No I agree, its just that you can import into as well. I have my white dot problem documented elsewhere, that has rendered most 3rd party camera apps useless.

No I agree, its just that you can import into as well. I have my white dot problem documented elsewhere, that has rendered most 3rd party camera apps useless.
So does that mean you can take a shot with the native camera and it works fine if you process it afterwards in an app? Is it just your phone or the actual make and model?

So does that mean you can take a shot with the native camera and it works fine if you process it afterwards in an app? Is it just your phone or the actual make and model?
Yes exactly, the native camera works fine and putting it through any app after works ok too. I did raise the issue with Google and they did supposedly look into it when I sent samples but I never heard anything back.
I get an annoying series of dots all over the image if I zoom right in, maybe not even noticeable unless you know they are there, but I do :rolleyes:

I tend to use Fimo exclusively lately, never think to upload into it, usually the other way round - putting a Fimo shot into Lightroom or maybe Blackie or Hipsta.

Really like Fimo, its one of my favourite apps

Yes exactly, the native camera works fine and putting it through any app after works ok too. I did raise the issue with Google and they did supposedly look into it when I sent samples but I never heard anything back.
I get an annoying series of dots all over the image if I zoom right in, maybe not even noticeable unless you know they are there, but I do :rolleyes:
Yeah, really annoying.

Fimo has re-released the New Year 2020 film and is doing the buy one get one free blind box thing again. Ive just been lumbered with the joke Photoshop film

Back
Top Bottom