Florida Beaches and Sunsets

Yes, i am in Ocho Rios for my daughters' wedding. Weather and scenery are fantastic, and the people are soooooo friendly!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sunset behind a local Georgia band... Blackberry Smoke

All captures with iPod Touch 5 and vividHDR
View attachment 45638

With the time change, sunrises and sets will be mostly on the weekends... :( (picking up my husband on my way home from work)

View attachment 45639

Some Sunset Beach shots from Sunday night
View attachment 45640 View attachment 45641 View attachment 45642
Nice sunset pictures. Sunset here is just after 5pm and because it is lower it sets much farther south so now it is difficult to see unless I drive to the southwest side of the city and that time of day is bumper to bumper and takes a long time. Not only that but it is cold here, this morning was -10 (14f) so it's not conducive to going out. Even colder with the wind.

Nice sunset pictures. Sunset here is just after 5pm and because it is lower it sets much farther south so now it is difficult to see unless I drive to the southwest side of the city and that time of day is bumper to bumper and takes a long time. Not only that but it is cold here, this morning was -10 (14f) so it's not conducive to going out. Even colder with the wind.
Thanks Larry!

I am heading to flying to Wisconsin in 9 days... sounds like their weather is near the same as yours! Not sure how I'll handle the COLD!! :confused:

Life has been crazy... took me a week to get back to the Beaches after I returned to Florida on Friday the 13th! :eek:
Hoping life will get back to "normal" now...

All photos taken with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / no edits :coffee:

Dec 20...
The Gulf of Mexico was soooo calm.

2013-12-20 17.37.33.jpg

Christmas Eve Sunset

2013-12-24 17.32.06.jpg
2013-12-24 17.30.44.jpg

Christmas Morning Sunrise at Tampa Bay...
2013-12-25 07.26.24-2.jpg

These last four recent iMages are stunning Diana... :thumbs:

Although the third one, including people, is gobsmackingly excellent, a really beautiful iMage indeed... :notworthy:

And, just by coincidence, has the straightest of the horizons... :D

These last four recent iMages are stunning Diana... :thumbs:

Although the third one, including people, is gobsmackingly excellent, a really beautiful iMage indeed... :notworthy:

And, just by coincidence, has the straightest of the horizons... :D
Thanks Rog! The last one's horizon bugs me a bit, my astigmatism "helps" me see when something is straight. I go nuts when I see crooked pictures on a wall! :eek:

Christmas morning is my favorite. They are gorgeous!
Thanks Michael! Everyone here (visiting) thought I wouldn't venture out that morning, was back with donuts when they woke up! :D

So you splurged and got the new Note... I'm jealous but happy for you. My husband got one with a smart case and loves being able to take square pics with the case closed.

Pictures are fabulous also. :)

Great pictures! Before I was a full time photographer, I was actually a Nuclear Physicist. And being that I traveled to nearly all of the states doing work at various Nuclear Plants. In short let me tell you. Disney and Sunsets are the best Florida has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you splurged and got the new Note... I'm jealous but happy for you. My husband got one with a smart case and loves being able to take square pics with the case closed.

Pictures are fabulous also. :)
Thanks Mel! Yes, I was up for renewal this time... last year I paid full price for the Note II... Smart Case eh? o_O

Great pictures! Before I was a full time photographer, I was actually a Nuclear Physicist. And being that I traveled to nearly all of the states doing work at various Nuclear Plants. In short let me tell you. Disney and Sunsets are the best Florida has to offer.
WOW! I am sorry you hated it here... but truly... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mel! Yes, I was up for renewal this time... last year I paid full price for the Note II... Smart Case eh? o_O

Not to entice you to spend more money..
But not only can Jas take pictures with the smart case shut he can see the time, answer calls, see the weather, control his music, see his step count and write a smart memo. :)

I passed on my ipad at work to a coworker and got the Note 10.1 2014 edition in November. I love it for taking notes and organization. It is beautiful.

Thanks Rog! The last one's horizon bugs me a bit, my astigmatism "helps" me see when something is straight. I go nuts when I see crooked pictures on a wall! :eek:
Yeah, the horizon in the last seems to have a bit of a curve to it too, like you were using a Wide Angle view?... :rog:

It's my mild ocd that drives me nuts with such things too... :D

Welcome back Dee!! :D I agree with Rog...the shot with the grass in the foreground and the people silhouetted is my fave - just beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom