MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Geek1956 I have always been so frustrated with Hipstamatic trying to figure out which lenses I like with which films. It’s so confusing and going to Hipstography and looking through the different combos is so time consuming. I’e had Hipsta X for quite some time and been using it more lately. Just this morning I found the “Stack”. It took some figuring to get into it, but how cool to see the different combos, try them and keep them if you want. I can see how I’m going to have to limit my camera selections. :lmao: Just wanted you and lkbside to know you been an inspiration!

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
Geek1956 I have always been so frustrated with Hipstamatic trying to figure out which lenses I like with which films. It’s so confusing and going to Hipstography and looking through the different combos is so time consuming. I’e had Hipsta X for quite some time and been using it more lately. Just this morning I found the “Stack”. It took some figuring to get into it, but how cool to see the different combos, try them and keep them if you want. I can see how I’m going to have to limit my camera selections. :lmao: Just wanted you and lkbside to know you been an inspiration!
Thanks, I discovered the stack a while back and I agree with the confusion over which combo to use. I generally stick to the older “classic” ones. My current favourite is the Ruddy/love combo. The “old” Blackeys series are pretty hard to beat for great black and white. I did notice that some of the combos on the X produced a slightly different looking edit than those edited in the classic. For example the Portland Pak on the X looks more over exposed.

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
E9C69148-934A-4753-9B29-3C5B5A45A87D.jpeg
BF19EBC8-D805-41AD-A7DA-712DE53926A4.jpeg
C2C16475-9F2D-4970-BF36-A3D21CC60A52.jpeg

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thanks, I discovered the stack a while back and I agree with the confusion over which combo to use. I generally stick to the older “classic” ones. My current favourite is the Ruddy/love combo. The “old” Blackeys series are pretty hard to beat for great black and white. I did notice that some of the combos on the X produced a slightly different looking edit than those edited in the classic. For example the Portland Pak on the X looks more over exposed.
Where are the stacks hidden? When I click the icon that looks as a stack I only get to this page and I don't want to post anything. I even tried posting to but it doesn't work. hipsta stacks.png

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Where are the stacks hidden? When I click the icon that looks as a stack I only get to this page and I don't want to post anything. I even tried posting to but it doesn't work. View attachment 166570
Tap on one of your photos… in Hipstamatic X… there is a Post button… I feel like they just started doing this. I don’t recall this before this past week or so.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
My ”Hipsta “ eye is not that refined.... ;)

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Where are the stacks hidden? When I click the icon that looks as a stack I only get to this page and I don't want to post anything. I even tried posting to but it doesn't work. View attachment 166570

Tap on one of your photos… in Hipstamatic X… there is a Post button… I feel like they just started doing this. I don’t recall this before this past week or so.
Yes, you have to post an image before you can access it. It took me quite a while to figure that out.

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, you have to post an image before you can access it. It took me quite a while to figure that out.
I just posted and someone even reacted. I’ve tried before without being able to post at all. But I don’t get what the purpose is. I saw it created a new camera/preset... Hmmm, it must be me being stupid or tired or both :cool:

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
I just posted and someone even reacted. I’ve tried before without being able to post at all. But I don’t get what the purpose is. I saw it created a new camera/preset... Hmmm, it must be me being stupid or tired or both :cool:
Just another Hipstamatic moment. I always liked Oggl. The camera was good as was the media platform.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I like it to find different camera combos.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Have you tried this app Kevin?
Its only iPhone so I can't try it sadly :(

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
Have you tried this app Kevin?
Its only iPhone so I can't try it sadly :(

From the blurb it looks like it’s a video editor John. I’m not really into video that much.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
From the blurb it looks like it’s a video editor John. I’m not really into video that much.
Neither am I but the examples I've seen are stills? It seems to be a subscription app though from what I could make out, so unless its very good its probably best to avoid!!
Shame as I thought it was up our street.

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
Neither am I but the examples I've seen are stills? It seems to be a subscription app though from what I could make out, so unless its very good its probably best to avoid!!

Thanks John I usually turn off when I read subscription although I had a moment of weakness with the HipstamaticX app. I prefer the FIMO model where you pay a $1:50 for each new film.

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It's an app developed by Moment (the Moment-lens Moment :) ). As you say it's mainly for video but you can shoot stills too. I got one year free when I bought something from Moment and I'm still on that first year. It's quite limited. I had hoped for more features and more films. So if you're not interested in video I would say wasted money:thumbs:

Shot from the hip :D a Moment:lmao: ago
IMG_8267.JPG

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
It's an app developed by Moment (the Moment-lens Moment :) ). As you say it's mainly for video but you can shoot stills too. I got one year free when I bought something from Moment and I'm still on that first year. It's quite limited. I had hoped for more features and more films. So if you're not interested in video I would say wasted money:thumbs:

Shot from the hip :D a Moment:lmao: agoView attachment 166685
Moments like these ;)