Hipstamatic 2017: Which Paks did you like enough to buy?

Which of these 2017 HipstaPaks did you purchase?

• Total voters
View attachment 106334 The app now has a preview feature in the editing mode. Click on the lens, film or flash icon. Then on the search icon, then you can quickly see the effect produced by your various components. I love this enhancement.
This looks very useful. A bit small on the iPhone Plus screen but I imagine it would be great on the iPad.

I tried everything and I couldn’t get to a screen that looks like this. Help.

I found these options in Settings:

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

When you access lenses, films or even flashes in edit mode, a Search icon appears at the lower right. Tapping that gives you the screen that Leslie showed.

View attachment 106373
Is it just me, or wouldn't it make way more sense to have to tap something that said PREVIEW, or a symbol that more represented preview? The magnifying glass is universally known as "SEARCH", so I would never have thought in a million years to tap it to preview filters. So dumb.

Is it just me, or wouldn't it make way more sense to have to tap something that said PREVIEW, or a symbol that more represented preview? The magnifying glass is universally known as "SEARCH", so I would never have thought in a million years to tap it to preview filters. So dumb.

The primary function is to allow you to search by name (like I can keep track of nearly 90 lenses and 100 films by name), but I would agree that the previews are the most useful function of that screen.

View attachment 106334 The app now has a preview feature in the editing mode. Click on the lens, film or flash icon. Then on the search icon, then you can quickly see the effect produced by your various components. I love this enhancement.

Thanks, I like this and makes it a whole lot easier then selecting lenses one at a time. Would be nice if it was maybe a bit clearer description other then search but it does work good and much faster.

The app now has a preview feature in the editing mode. Click on the lens, film or flash icon. Then on the search icon, then you can quickly see the effect produced by your various components. I love this enhancement.
Great tip, Leslie. You've just made Hipstamtic about ten times more useful to me than it has been up to now. :) As Brian surmised that feature looks excellent on a big iPad Pro screen. Finally, no more struggling with Oggl, I can do all my editing in the main Hipsta app.

OK you Hipstamatic gurus, maybe you can answer this question. Is there a way to transfer my own combos made on my iPhone over to my iPad?

OK you Hipstamatic gurus, maybe you can answer this question. Is there a way to transfer my own combos made on my iPhone over to my iPad?
I think that if you go to the settings in the iPhone there is a “iCloud favourites sync” setting.I’m assuming if you have this setting “on” on both your iPhone and iPad then they should automatically upload to your iPad.

I think that if you go to the settings in the iPhone there is a “iCloud favourites sync” setting.I’m assuming if you have this setting “on” on both your iPhone and iPad then they should automatically upload to your iPad.

I tried this. Not Just iCloud but iCloud Drive. I’ve just started using a few iCloud features but not iCloud Drive as yet.

Well, I finally turned on iCloud Drive and the sync between my iPhone Hipstamatic favourites to iPad worked perfectly. I’ve been trying to minimize these extra things but it does seem useful. First thing, I shut off everything in the long list of apps except those I really wanted to use.

Well, I finally turned on iCloud Drive and the sync between my iPhone Hipstamatic favourites to iPad worked perfectly. I’ve been trying to minimize these extra things but it does seem useful. First thing, I shut off everything in the long list of apps except those I really wanted to use.
Glad it worked.....i’m Still trying to get my head round all the things in hipstamatic.The camera settings are a bit weird,as there’s no way of accessing the second lens of the iPhone.

Glad it worked.....i’m Still trying to get my head round all the things in hipstamatic.The camera settings are a bit weird,as there’s no way of accessing the second lens of the iPhone.
You can select the tele or WA lens in Classic mode, but not in the new precision mode. Which makes no sense at all.

You can select the tele or WA lens in Classic mode, but not in the new precision mode. Which makes no sense at all.
Thanks Brian, I noticed that but spent ages trying to find it in precision mode.........thinking they can’t surely leave it out. I’m assuming that the zoom button is digital not optical.

Thanks Brian, I noticed that but spent ages trying to find it in precision mode.........thinking they can’t surely leave it out. I’m assuming that the zoom button is digital not optical.

There’s one way to find out. Cover up one lens and see if you make the switch.
Incidentally, in the native camera app, if you select 2x in low light the camera will often switch the the wide lens zoomed in to 2x because it is f1.8 vs the tele’s f2.8. Its very annoying when you have a close up lens centred on the tele lens and suddenly you are looking through a cut-off view because the close-up lens doesn’t cover both lenses at once.

Back
Top Bottom